Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision, and workflow.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior R&D Mechatronics Engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior R&D Mechatronics
Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Leading the Mechatronics activities and development of the new product development life cycle. You will provide technical and project leadership. You are highly proficient with current development tools, practices, processes and experienced in system integration. You are highly experienced in mechatronics design, including designing and/or selecting sensors, actuators, cabling, motion systems, servo-systems modeling, analysis, and implementation. Ideal candidates have designed, implemented, and launched complex electro-mechanical or robotic systems comprised of electronics hardware and real-time control software for a medical robotics technology platform. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual will work with other engineering disciplines, product management, quality assurance, and manufacturing.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Responsible for planning, definition, design, development, prototyping, and testing of complex electro-mechanical systems or sub-systems.
- Lead/contribute to the technical design and development of electromechanical subsystems within a multidisciplinary team.
- Lead/contribute to the mechatronic system architecture through design tradeoffs between mechanical, electrical, and controls functions.
- Apply strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
- Become subject matter expert in the field(s) of kinematics, dynamics, actuators, sensors, and servo control.
- Utilizes best practice implementation in model-based design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Lead/contribute to the definition of design inputs, requirements, creating design descriptions and specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
· Project management responsibilities, which may include internal or external resources, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- MSc. degree in mechatronics or mechanical engineering is required. PhD is preferred.
- 7+ yrs experience in the product development role, with at least five years in medical device development, or other regulated industry, required.
- Strong analytical skills in mechatronics and electromechanical domain are required.
- Experience in the design, development, and analyses of robotic systems highly desired.
- Proficiency with the latest mechanical and electrical CAD tools (e.g., SolidWorks), and the simulation tools are required.
- Proficient in sensors, actuators, cabling, motion systems, servo-systems modeling, analysis, and implementation.
- Proficiency in tools such as: FEA, Minitab, MATLAB, Simulink(Real Time)/Simscape, and LabVIEW is required
- Experience with real-time application programing and RTOS for products is highly desired
- 2 years project management experience is highly desired.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.