Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a US Federal Government focused Energy Service Company (ESCO) specializing in the delivery of Energy Savings construction, retrofit and maintenance and service contracts. s), standalone solicitations for Purchase Power Agreements (PPAs) and US Army renewable energy SATOCs and MATOCs. Many of the projects are with the Army Corp Utility Monitoring and Control Systems vertical market. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include cost, schedule, quality and for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects.
Specific Requirements: These goals would include using such metrics as profitability, labor utilization, risk identification/management and customer interfacing. This position is also responsible for the strategic business objectives of projects, contributing to the goals of SGT. Successful candidate must have a proven track record of profitable on-contract and portfolio growth. This project management position is technical in nature and successful candidate is expected to lead large, multidisciplinary, design/build contracts with significant Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Alarm, Building Automation and General Construction content. This position is within the fifty United States and the Pacific Ocean territory, Hawaii, Guam, So Korea, etc.
• Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
• Responsible for the cost, schedule, quality and technical performance of the assigned project(s).
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with business users and stakeholders.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Review and approve engineering drawings
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Document project progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks and successes to maintain project course.
• Provide regular updates to team and management on work performed, plans, budget and overall status.
• Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Manage, develop and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
• Direct the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract and administrative areas.
• Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
• Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• This position is primarily the managing of the lead project managers for subcontractors. Site management requirements depends on the serious of issues incurred on the project, though future opportunities may offer this option.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent in experience, + 10-years.
• Technical Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Building Automation Systems (BAS), Fire Protection, Security, Electrical Power Systems, SCADA, HVAC, Energy Engineering and/or Illumination Engineering.
• Minimum eight (10) years of Project Management experience
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred with working knowledge of project management processes and tools or the capability to achieve this certification within the first 6-months of employment.
• Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies, and procedures
• Eight (10) years’ experience in the energy and renewable energy project and project management
• Highly developed business acumen
• Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within projects
• Ability to build alliances to form strong, effective teams
• Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to develop, drive and manage projects in a highly competitive market
• Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences of company and government executives
• Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customers
• Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers
• Prefer extended experience in project scheduling preferably in the MS Project application.
• Potentially 10% travel, the general requirement is one site visit every 3-months providing the project key indicators are all green. More travel is required depending upon the condition of the project.
• Preferable experience in energy, automation, fire protection, solar and /or power generation
• Profit & Loss/Business Unit experience beneficial
Must be US citizen and have ability to obtain and maintain federal government security clearance, if later required.
*** Candidates with ability to work from remote location within the United States to be considered