Create a better tomorrow with us.
Siemens Mobility is looking for a Junior Signalling Engineer, to be hired with an apprenticeship contract in Milan.
Siemens is a focused technology company, pioneering intelligent solutions that transform the every day in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
Do you have the courage to think beyond the possible? Do you want to be empowered to build solutions that have an impact on daily life?
Siemens is your place to thrive. At Siemens, you will find the trust and freedom to excel. Let’s grow together, to improve how people live, work, make and move. Because creating a world that we are proud to hand to the next generation is more than a job – it’s the opportunity of a lifetime.
Talk to us about the growth journey you’d like to take, move to Siemens to learn and to build a better real and digital future.Your Challenge
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Design of railway signalling and automation and supervision systems and/or subsystems, both in the scheme development and detailed design areas;
- Assessment of risks related to modifications of such installations according to current standards and codes of practice oriented towards railway applications;
- Preparation and production of railway signalling designs specifications and reports, applying first principles as required;
- Ensuring that the work produced comply with contractual and statutory requirements, including delivery within agreed timescales and performance parameters;
- Liaising and meeting with others including clients, stakeholders and external railway contractors;
- Bid preparation to support tendering of new works;
- Producing pre-feasibility and feasibility reports and present any fundamental findings of the report to the client;
- Maintaining the knowledge of current practices, processes, standards and emerging technologies in relation to the signalling discipline;
- Drafting of technical specifications and management of non-conformities;
- Application and functional analysis, testing and specialist support of the above systems;
- Technical liaison with other team fields, departments and externally with clients and stakeholders.
- Electrical Diploma or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Automation;
- Good ability to read circuit diagrams and signalling;
- Highly motivated self-starter and flexible.
- Collaborative standout colleague, focused on results.
- Thorough and disciplined.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to manage time efficiently and prioritise duties.
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues, our clients and the environment in all areas of work.
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken
- Think about everything from the customer perspective
- Effective collaboration in networks across businesses and functions
- Always strive to develop technology and ethical guardrails in parallel
- Be a role model for openness and inclusiveness as a non-negotiable cultural element
- European Work Permit
What can we further offer?
- An inclusive and flexible way of working, with caring for everyone's personal well-being;
- Flexible Welfare programs and health insurance can be extended to your family;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the ambitious spirits are recognized;
- Opportunities for continuous/individual learning journeys so that you never stop growing and keep on learning;
- Value driven culture: trustful, respectful, open, honest, empowering;
- Competitive package with regional specific benefits;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Free on-site lunch options;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
- Innovative tools for remote working and your personal growth.
Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
Address us the desired working conditions/ environment that will lift your efficiency. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to tell us if a more flexible arrangement would better enable you to take up this opportunity!Contacts
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Full / Part time: Full-time