Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, advise their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of development opportunities.
The Manufacturing Test Engineer’s basic function is the development and maintenance of functional test equipment used in the manufacturing of the company’s products and that the test equipment ensures those products are designed and build according to functional and quality specifications. The Manufacturing Test Engineer is a key member and contributor of the NPI development teams insuring the testability and manufacturability of new products and the availability of the FCT according to the project’s net plan.
- Reviews engineering designs and documentation (electronic and electro-mechanical test specifications, schematics, BOMs, board layout) for completeness, clarity, manufacturability and testability
- Defines test strategies, analyze new product testability and delivers test solutions to manufacturing
- Manages the design, development, construction, validation and commissioning of electro-mechanical test fixtures for production line testing
- Development of test apparatus and methods to ensure that product functionality meets design and quality specifications. Defines what test processes are required based on the product definition.
- Supports the introduction of new products into manufacturing. Establish test processes and procedures, create test documentation
- Utilizes test instruments to test functional performance of parts, subassemblies and modules
- Compiles and analyzes production test data
- Support manufacturing and quality assurance with root cause analysis on test and quality issues
- Provide first line technical support to manufacturing with focus on test equipment and related software
- Maintain production test fixtures
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with database technology (JSON, SQL etc.) and scripting languages (Visual Basic, Python, LabVIEW, TestStand)
- Strong technical knowledge in electronic product testing, manufacturing processes and techniques related to electronics and electro-mechanical assembly
- Understanding of Functional Test manual and automated test strategies
- Experience in testing and debugging PCBAs to the component level, sub-assemblies and full system integration
- Experience with SAP is preferred but not essential
- Effective communication skills. Ability to present clear and concise information and to tailor information to the needs of the audience
- Ability to communicate in and comprehend both written and spoken English language for the purpose of understanding training/direction, generate and interpret documentation and to effectively communicate with domestic and international business associates
- Ability to function and contribute in a team environment
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal supervision
- Work well in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Excellent time management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
- 5% combined travel (domestic & international)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.