Your responsibilities and tasks – Challenging and future oriented
· Designing components for traction converters (5 MVA up to 100 MVA) and other power electronics systems and components based on customer and legal requirements with focus on regions Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, UK, USA as well as relevant standards of these countries
· Design and Dimensioning of power electronic devices, converters, its components, and semiconductor elements based technology.
· Design and Sizing of HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) system based on the existing platform design and the customer specification and relevant standards for Static Converters.
· Designing and dimensioning of Static converter’s cooling systems considering customer requirements and relevant standards.
· Design and Sizing of Harmonic filters and its components (capacitors, reactors & resistors,) and EMC requirements as per technical requirements.
· Creation of specifications for external suppliers for components and support the procurement process technically.
· Focusing on cost- and timely handling of customer and development projects together with other stakeholders like project managers and/or delivery managers
· To ensure the delivery of the system is achieved in compliance with engineering guidelines, quality standards, timing, and cost constraints.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Your qualification – Well-grounded and adequate
· Bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Power System Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the field of power converters and power electronics
- Several years of cooperation in projects, ideally in the field of converter technology, reactors, cooling systems and ideally in traction power supply systems
- Knowledge of general electrical components and integration into overall systems
- Knowledge of relevant European and international standards (e.g., IEC, IEEE, DIN, ANSI, EN)
· Knowledge of auxiliary systems (AC and DC distribution, battery charger, illumination, etc.)
· Basic understanding of civil and structural engineering & interfaces
- Fluent English skills,
good German skills are appreciate
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time