At Siemens Mobility Portugal, we offer the opportunity to join a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow in one of the most solid multinationals operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens offers innovative solutions to help address the world's biggest challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitization.
We’re looking for someone that can be responsible for the application engineering of ATC signaling equipment according to the project and product specifications, covering both hardware and software specification, definition of interface specification, design of communications interfaces, creation of test specifications and documentation, execution and support of static and dynamic tests.
ATC Railway Engineer role offers you the possibility to work in an international and multidisciplinary engineering team, facing challenging projects both in the national and international markets.
This role allows the possibility of working part of the time in mobile working / home office, offering a high level of flexibility and better control of the work-life balance.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Project requirements analysis activities at ATC sub-system level
- Participation in all the phases of the hardware and software ATC application engineering cycle, including the requirements specification, implementation, commissioning.
- Preparation of specific technical documentation according to the requirements of the project and / or applicable regulations.
- Creation and review of interface specification between ATC and other subsystems and rolling stock.
- Creation of project specific documentation regarding ATC (track parameters, track map, etc.).
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Strong computer science knowhow/skills
- Knowledge and previous experience with Microsoft tools, Windows, Word, Excel.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to work in teams, good communication skills and a results-oriented approach.
- Timetable flexibility as requested for the project.
- Availability for domestic and international travels with possibility in working abroad when needed.
- Previous experience in a Rail Signaling business (preferably within ATC signaling technologies for applications in mainline (e.g. ERTMS) or mass transit (e.g. CBTC), Freights and Light Rail.
- Experience in international projects and ability to work with teams distributed in several countries.
- Advanced capabilities in data analysis by use of Microsoft Excel, including creation VBA macros.
- Experience in Requirements Management, specification, traceability and validation. Knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS.
- Knowledge of CENELEC standards and V-life Cycle models
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as Subversion, PVCS
- Fluent in Spanish is desirable.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, UNIPESSOAL LDA
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time