Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE), part of Siemens Digital Industries, is the leading provider of Advanced Process Modelling software, services and solutions to the process industries. We help our customers to develop and operate sustainable processes by applying digital twins based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 280+ employees worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved through substantial R&D spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its products and related business development activities.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence, flexibility and to contribute to new ideas. We foster a teamwork culture with great opportunities for personal and professional development to grow your career.Please visit https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/automation/industry-software/gproms-digital-process-design-and-operations.html
About the role
In response to ever-growing demands from Korean and worldwide customers, we are now looking for highly motivated Senior Consultant Engineers to work in our SPSE APAC Technical Service Team. Engineers are responsible for providing technical solution and process engineering consulting and support a) for PSE customers at both an execution and supervisory level, and b) for sales and business development activities using our software products such as gPROMS Process and gPROMS FormulatedProducts. Our customers include most of the major chemicals & petrochemicals and oil & gas companies such as ExxonMobil, Shell, SABIC, Hanwha TOTAL Petrochemical, Hyosung, LG Chem, SK Chemicals, SK Innovation, WONIK materials and so on.What skills we are looking for:
- Self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with customers, and who has strong oral and written communication skills along with excellent technical gPROMS knowledge and experience (preferably in the chemicals, petrochemicals, oil and gas, and refining industries)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
- Willing to travel away from the office for up to one week per month on average
This position is highly technical, and also will include significant interactions with customers as well as consulting, sales and development teams in various business units within SPSE. This position encompasses a variety of duties and responsibilities including the followings.
- Deploying and applying the first-principles mathematical models to provide values to clients
- Driving and supporting consulting projects using our gPROMS software (and CFD software such as STAR-CCM+ and FLUENT - CFD is not crucial for this position at the moment): ensure that projects which are implemented or supported by you are delivered to the highest quality and within budgeted cost and time
- Supporting business development: include visiting prospects, developing presentations, attending trade shows, presenting at seminars and conferences and publishing related work.
- Supporting current and potential customers in their applications of our products: include developing, preparing and delivering training courses, and understanding and solving customers’ direct support requests via visit, phone and email
- Assist consulting management and account managers in determining incremental sales opportunities (services & products) and strategy leveraged by the successful deployment project
- Technical solution development to enhance the range of PSE’s product content: Input customer and market
- A Masters in Process, Chemical, or Petroleum Engineering or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years’ industrial experience
- MSEE or PhD in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis on Power Systems Analysis or a BSEE with a minimum 2 years of experience in the development of real-time power systems operations software applications
- Developing Flomaster’s underlying solution algorithms, mathematical models and physical models as well as extending its fluid system modelling capabilities.
- Computational modelling of thermo-fluid engineering systems
- Must have experience in writing computer programs and software applications related to the HVAC industry
- Proficiency in providing project results in the form of written reports and oral presentations
- Good usage of Microsoft Office software
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience in programming language would be useful, but not crucial
- Python, Visual Basic, VBA in Excel, Java, C
- Experience in data base would be useful, but not crucial
- Experience in polymer modelling would be useful, but not crucial
- Experience in CFD modelling tools would be useful, but not crucial
- STAR-CCM+, FLUENT
Working at Siemens means great work life balance and flexibility – whether that is full time in the office, hybrid or fully remote. We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We look for the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality and provide all the comfort and benefits employees need to achieve those goals.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and parental, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Process Systems Engineering Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time