Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
Our business is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Digital Industries (DI) team! As the Senior Financial Analyst supporting two Business Units, Factory Automation and Motion Control, you will be responsible for Budget, Forecast, period closing, various financial analysis. This role also provides support to the Business Unit Controller, Technical Head of business unit and other segment managers related to the assigned portfolio. This includes financial/operational support and financial reviews related to the approved business plans, targets setting, budget and forecast or support during projects due diligence phases as needed. The Senior Financial Analyst is an important role in the Digital Industries team and reports to the BU Controller.
What will you do?
- Prepare timely and accurately, annual budgets/monthly forecasts for full P&L, Balance Sheet, Free Cash Flow for the assigned portfolio. This includes detailed analysis of fluctuations and variances as compared to the actual results and targets set
- Manage Partner management (distribution) commercial topics: rebates, discounts, annual contracts
- Perform the various end-of-month/quarter/yearend exercises; (Expense analysis, account reconciliation, journal entry, internal financial report by profit center, cost center wise GL analysis )
- Perform the variance analysis of Balance Sheet accounts and cashflow deviation from target
- Monitor financial/operational metrics to measure the Business Unit and Business Segments profitability and efficiency. Gross Margin analysis for various product lines.
- Report, analyze, monitor and drive actions to manage the Operating Expenses and SG&A for the respective businesses, against the target. Perform monthly analysis for each segment for SG&A and Indirect cost of sales, monitor productivity measures.
- Support bid management on commercial topics
- Work cooperatively with Project execution team on small projects review, analyse the reasons for deviation to forecast and support CPM for month end
- Conduct due diligence related to all business administration, reporting and accounting topics
- Support in the review and update of procedures and controls as it pertains to the related portfolio. Maintain internal control requirements and support RIC/audit requirements
- Maintain and update planning models, tools and processes to reflect current and future changes to the business as new information is acquired
- Support automation and digitalization of manual processes / reports to improve efficiency in tools like Power BI, Qlik, SAC etc.
- Work closely with Performance Controlling on various Digital Industries related topics
- Work cooperatively with other Digital Industries businesses and Siemens Canada cross functions; Manage third party relationships as needed
- Willing to assume and complete ad-hoc / special projects and/or other assignments as delegated by management.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or in progress preferred
- Minimum 5 years working experience in financial analysis, reporting, and/or internal controls.
- Product/Systems/IT/Software industry would be an asset
- Experience in financial analysis; advanced knowledge of financial concepts and practices; strong working knowledge in accounting (e.g. IFRS); SAP and digital tools experience like Power BI, Tableau, SQL and SAC
- Understanding of industrial automation offerings, partner management
- Bid management/RFP experience
- Experience in working in a matrix organization
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Able to integrate and work within a multinational group environment
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Self-starter/self-motivated position
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.