We are seeking an elite Sales Engineer to work side-by-side with our sellers to bring a level of technical depth to customer engagements in the area of power systems simulation and grid control software. Success in this role is not only measured by your technical knowledge, but also by your “soft skills”, like your ability to build relationships, maintain a positive presence in high-stakes customer meetings, understand the “sales mindset”, work collaboratively with multi-functional teams (spanning sales, finance, engineering, and product management), understand pain from a customer’s perspective, and think in terms of value.
Some of the highlights of this role which will contribute to achieving yearly sales targets & overall success include:
Accompany sellers on customer visits to complement their commercial/sales know-how with your technical know-how. Customer visits can be at any stage of the sales cycle, for example:
- Early-stage discovery of customer pain points
- Demonstrating how our products can help alleviate those pain points
- Clarifying and draining customer technical objections/concerns
- Advise sellers of various technical options for solving a given customer pain point and explain the commercial implications/tradeoffs of each option.
- Maintain & expand your industry/market knowledge around power systems simulation and grid control software, and continuously share it with internal stakeholders like product management to help shape our strategy and product roadmaps
Represent our portfolio at industry events and tradeshows
Contribute to bid-team activities (for example: responding to technical requirements specifications, and writing technical content for proposals)
Shape customer technical evaluation criteria in a way that maximizes their pain-relief and simultaneously leverages our differentiators
Hand-off recently won projects to the solution delivery team
You will work in the headquarters of a global organization which consists of sales offices in over 30 regions, as well as resellers in several verticals and geographies. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Technical Sales for the Grid Simulation business, dotted line to the Grid Control and Regional office region and has a specific focus on the ASEAN region.
Who Are You / What Do You Bring / What Skills Will Help You Succeed?
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-5+ years working experience within the utility segment
- Experienced in various products within the Grid Simulation portfolio, such as PSS®E, PSS®SINCAL, and/or PSS®CAPE and in SCADA/DMS/EMS applications
- Ability to communicate highly technical information clearly and concisely to peers and customers verbally and in written communications
- Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to strategize and creatively solve problems to overcome customer challenges
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization including director/VP
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Travel: Must be willing and able to travel 50+% of the time, as well as support sales teams located around ASEAN region.
At Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity, nationality, age, religious beliefs etc... We believe diversity strengthens our innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees and thereby directly contributes to our business success.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: P.T. Siemens Indonesia
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time