We develop networks that supply our cities with light and heat intelligently and we know our way around automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skills, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
What part will you play?
- In your new role, you will develop embedded controller circuits for switchgear in medium-voltage applications on the basis of specifications up to production readiness and the subsequent product administration, taking into account economic efficiency, the state of the art and quality
- You will create functional specifications, designs, implementations, tests and results documentation for the task package, while complying with architecture, design and quality guidelines, standards and regulations (product design), as well as the processes applicable in the PLM environment
- You will also create, calculate, simulate and qualify circuit concepts in the embedded area
- You will be responsible for the technical design, dimensioning and qualification of circuits, taking into account functional criteria, heat dissipation and EMC properties
- You will create test concepts and develop test cases for the design verification of the developed modules and will be responsible for the planning of the associated test executions for design approvals
- You will be responsible for commissioning and testing the developed circuits (module, functional, environmental, EMC and integration tests)
- You will support the user documentation
- Ongoing technical support and optimization of existing products with regard to quality, costs and functionality is also part of your responsibilities
- You have a completed university degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering or comparable studies
- You also have many years (>5 years) of experience and profound knowledge in hardware design (analogue and digital circuit technology, power electronics)
- You have a methodical and structured way of working
- You bring good knowledge of microprocessor technology as well as digital and analogue circuit technology and switching regulators
- You are experienced in the development of embedded software
- You also have good knowledge of EMC-compliant design as well as the heat dissipation and thermal design of electronic devices
- You are experienced in the use of CAE tools/methods for hardware development (circuit design, simulation, test, FMEA), version management and office tools
- You are familiar with relevant standards and specifications (IEC, UL, license regulations, EN 61508, EN 60068, IEC 61000-4-x etc.)
- You are characterized by your strong communication and teamwork skills
- Your ability to analyze and your customer orientation as well as your good written and spoken English complete your profile
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either