Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
DTS-SE SWAT team technical member
Advanta DTS-SE SWAT team is looking for highly Motivated individuals with a high degree of Technical Expertise, the candidate should be a Team Builder, Trusted Partner, Problem Solver and Change Agent. If this describes you, we have an exciting opportunity lined up for you.
This role will encompass working across all the DTS sub-segments to help provide the best technological/ architectural solutions for multiple areas. Your engagement with a particular team shall be for a limited time and thereafter you shall be deputed for another task. The different dimension to this role includes but not limited to:
· Presale’s activities: In this role you would expect to involve in the various presale’s activities such as customer/Partner collaboration, technical discussions with customers, defining scope, evaluate cost and price etc., across subsegments and help in converting the RFQ into firm order
· Proof of Concept: as different subsegment’s under DTS are involved with customer co-creation and PoC, you will be expect to take the lead to draft the PoC with the customer by defining success criteria, scope of work and efforts estimation.
· Kickstart a critical product/ project: You would be expected to help subsegments in kickstarting a critical product/ project and help the team in understanding the customer requirements and defining the road map for all features asked by the customer. You are also expected to groom the team to lead the project.
· Make or buy decision: you are expected to help the DTS segment/ subsegment management in finalizing the make or buy decision for various product and technology by evaluation both the scenario’s and recommend which suits the best for the business
Mentioned above are a broad view of the role, the role may also be expanded to accommodate any request which would help the business and keep the stake holders updated and solutioning for consultancy projects, while you will have the full support and sponsorship from the DTS management team, you will need to ideate, influence, build internal and external network, work with virtual teams, and drive tangible outcomes.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Establish, maintain, and evolve concepts in continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new services.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to improve automation of workflows, effective monitoring, infrastructure, code testing, scripting capabilities, deployment with lower costs and reduce non-conformance costs.
- Brainstorm new products, updates, and solutions to continuously challenge and improve products- Example: Implement OSS clearance process, Reduce deployment cadence.
- Remain up to date on industry trends, share knowledge across teams/products and abide by industry standard methodologies (Example: Configuration management and automation etc.,)
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas/products (Example: Application login guidelines, branching strategies etc.,)
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various applications.
We don’t need hard workers, just super minds
· B.E. or B.Tech. with 8-12 years of total experience
- Must have experience in Windows & Linux and Networking & security (Example: IAM, Authorization) topics
- Awareness of DevOps principles, Design Patterns, Enterprise Architecture Patterns, Micro service Architecture, ability to learn/use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g., scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS)
- Expertise with AWS (e.g., IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Auto scaling, Lambda)
- Version control system experience (e.g., Git)
- Enhanced knowledge about software build environments like Maven, Gradle, Ant, Node.js/NPM
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI
- Operational (e.g., HA/Backups) NoSQL experience (e.g., Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef etc)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Helm, Kustomize, ArgoCD/FluxCD,Terraform, CloudFormation etc)
- Understanding of monitoring tools (ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch (AWS))
- Knowledge on basic software development skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
- Good interpersonal and time leadership skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Reliable and self-organized working in a distributed development organization
- You are expert and love to work in large project in an agile way (SAFe-Framework)
- Experience on Data analytics and AI added advantage
Your opportunities for personal growth
- Direct engagement with the DTS management
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Receive coaching and development opportunities
- Experience an open feedback culture
- Development of a network that spans all Siemens Advanta Segments
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time