We are recruiting for a Head of R&D NextGen Grid Management – Process/Business Applications for our Grid Software Business Unit. This is a unique opportunity to shape a new business field of next generation grid management software with customers and partners and help integrate new products into the customer’s IT landscape.
Your job – challenging and future oriented.
- In your role as Head of R&D NextGen Grid Management – Applications, you will lead and coach several international teams of experts forming an Agile Release Train developing NextGen Grid Management Software Products.
- You have a strong customer- and business-oriented mindset, always striving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- You act as the entrepreneur and take ownership of desired outcomes.
- You define the goals of the teams with the help of OKR.
- You implement a site and competence strategy that finds a balance between domain knowledge, IT technology and economic aspects.
- In cooperation with portfolio and product management, you define a portfolio and product roadmap ensuring synergies and flexibility.
- You develop a software architecture that ensure a modular and flexible portfolio and allows the reuse of modules and algorithms between products and different use cases.
- You ensure an exceptional user experience in all our software products.
- You define and implement a technology roadmap that takes advantage of modern IT and software development technologies and is aligned with the business strategy.
- You are responsible to implement and refine world class software development and deployment processes that constantly reflect relevant cybersecurity requirements and best practices.
- You take responsibility for budget, on-time delivery, and quality.
- You are driving a continuous improvement process in the organization with an agile mindset together with the project management office.
- You work closely with other R&D and product management teams and support the strategic goals of the organization.
- You have a master's degree in software engineering or electrical engineering or a comparable qualification.
- You have excellent experience over several years in the field of software development in separate roles like Product Owner / Manager, Project Manager, System and Solution Architect, Development Manager.
- An excellent knowledge in Power Grids/Grid Control with a focus on Secondary Distribution Grid Applications (Domain knowhow) is an advantage.
- You have in-depth experience of state-of-the-art IT platforms, IT infrastructure, IT security and network technologies and profound knowledge to leverage IaaS and Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift) and understanding on customers benefits.
- You have already gained experience with agile software development processes (e.g. SAFe, SCRUM, LESS, etc.).
- Ideally you have gained field experience in Customer Projects and have a deep understanding of customer organizations and processes.
- One of your strengths is the target group-oriented communication of complex issues.
- You approach senior management, convince them and win them over.
- You work effectively with individuals from multiple cultures and backgrounds.
- Fluent German and English rounds off your profile.
A working atmosphere and culture based on trust, responsibility and respect.
We celebrate the fact that our people are individuals and have different preferences and needs. If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit extraordinary minds from all walks of life. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and are happy to give the opportunity to discuss flexibility and reasonable adjustment requirements. Many of our teams are working effectively in a remote, virtual environment adding to our ability to offer more flexibility on how you handle your time.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either