If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Digitization is a key driver for innovative solutions in local public transport. It helps local transport operators to make processes more efficient, safer and more cost-effective. Secure and broadband radio data transmission is a crucial factor in this.
You support the SW development of new and proven radio systems in mass transit. These are characterized on the one hand by the application of innovative technologies and on the other hand by high robustness and availability.
- You help to develop software for innovative radio solutions,
- You will further drive the implementation of a resource planning tool to the next level.
- You will help with the design, implementation and testing of software and firmware.
- You will be involved in the configuration of systems.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You study computer science, electrical or communications engineering, physics, mathematics or comparable and are familiar with wireless technologies (WLAN, LTE etc.).
- You have experience with programming, C/C++ or Java and are ideally familiar with network technology (e.g. IPv4, IPv6, routing, switching, etc.).
- Ideally, you have some experience with cloud computing.
- Script programming (Bash and Python) is not new territory for you.
- You quickly learn to use tools like MS Project Online, Power BI and Power Automate and solve tasks independently.
- We can rely on your good German and English skills.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Julia Greff.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time