Siemens DISW is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realise innovation by optimising their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support. Siemens DISW is a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division. Driven by a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver successful products.
Help our customers transform their business with our world-leading technology!About the company
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsJob Description:
We are looking for a motivated recent graduate or postgraduate, with a strong interest in CFD simulations and IC (in-cylinder) engines to work as an intern in the Fluids & Thermal Solution Domain within the Siemens Digital Industries Software organization.
During the 6-month internship you will get the opportunity to:
- Perform validation/verification studies of IC engine modelling using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ In-cylinder solution.
- Setup and run simulations to investigate how in-cylinder physics models and features in Simcenter STAR-CCM+ perform.
- Document simulation models and results and communicate them to colleagues working in the product management and development groups.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering, or another closely related field.
- Knowledge and experience of working with academic and/or industrial in-cylinder engine CFD software.
- Self-driven and proactive individual with the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to analyze and document results in technical reports as well as present to an audience.
- Strong English language skills to drive technical conversations are essential.
- Masters degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering, or another closely related field.
- Experience of using Simcenter STAR-CCM+ In-cylinder solution.
- Experience of carrying out in-cylinder LES and combustion simulations.
- Experience of writing technical papers.
- Full time 40 hours per week.
- Location: London, Hammersmith or Nuremberg, Germany.
- Entry level: Graduate/ Postgraduate / industrial work experience beneficial.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsJoin our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow #DISW
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time