At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
- Be fully accountable for the Tessent Embedded Analytics software team and its products.
- Lead several teams of direct reports (embedded software, system software, SaaS/PaaS software and DevOps) to provide technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization.
- Work with product management and hardware team on both strategic planning for future products.
- Successfully deliver key technical solutions and platform services in support of emerging market needs
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles for both demo concepts as well as live pilots for future projects.
- Be responsible for DevOps for the full Embedded Analytics team for both our datacentre and physical FPGA-rack test systems.
- Communicate with all stakeholders to ensure priority and visibility to the work team is driving.
The successful candidate will have
- Extensive experience of software development / engineering leadership and delivery at director level or above.
- Proven delivery of a TDD environment, CI and CD principles.
- Engineering excellence and
ability to manage the full spectrum of technology functions including hands-on,
cross-discipline experience across several of the following
- C, C++, Python and Java programming languages.
- embedded systems, including FPGAs
- PC-based system software
- Web frameworks
- Cloud services
- Direct experience in leading a multi-site, international organization
- Passion for innovation, new ideas, quick prototyping, and new technologies.
- Experience of influencing senior leadership and product design to drive digital / technology advancements within the product stack.
- A demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, develop and inspire high-quality talent and large global cross-functional teams
- Good communication skills, able to develop, document, and explain the technology strategy to diverse audiences, both technology and business, from executives to staff.
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues, and priorities
- Experience and openness to work in global/distributed development setting.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and maintain composure under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Self-motivation and a drive for excellence
- MS or BS in an engineering-related discipline.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time