Our Function Test Technician will work with an experienced team in an exciting environment on next generation rail vehicles. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the United States and are assembled and tested right here in Sacramento, CA. You will be mainly responsible for function testing, troubleshooting, and repairing our vehicles to achieve a high customer satisfaction and reliability.Responsibilities
- Function testing and troubleshooting of light rail vehicles and/or locomotives
- Perform electrical and mechanical repairs of various components with the use of drawings, schematics, and maintenance manuals
- Use laptops with subsystem software to solve and test electrical, hydraulic and/or pneumatic systems.
- Read, interpret, and implement written or electronic procedures
- Maintain test records
- Communicate verbally and in writing with a team, the supervisors, and colleagues
- Clearly communicate technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements, and other work-related information.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Minimum 2 years experiences in relevant field
- Proficient with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic diagrams, and blue prints
- Proficient with all basic hand tools
- Proficient in working with testing equipment such as multi-meters
- Capable of working under pressure with specific deadlines
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and able to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 40 lbs
- Comfortable working in a rail manufacturing environment
- Familiar with MS office applications
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Technical Diploma
- Associates degree in relevant engineering field
- Experience in the following areas could potentially transfer over into a Passenger Rail Test Technician; Maintenance, Automotive, Aircraft, Marine, Diesel, Electronics, Mechatronics, Avionic, Generator, Heavy Equip, Engineering Technicians
- Technician experience in the rail industry
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.