Job Title: Senior Manager of Capital Manage Product Management
Job Reference #: 322449
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR, or Remote, US
Siemens Software is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world using our electrical, systems, networking and embedded tools, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. We are looking for dynamic leaders who can contribute on our journey to build the Integrated Electrical Systems (IES) portfolio. If you are interested in leading a talented team that works with the best companies around the globe, we’d be excited to know more about you.
Siemens Software is looking for a passionate and experienced senior Product Management leader to head the Manage Domain team. This role is responsible for guaranteeing the commercial success of the Capital Manage solutions portfolio. The portfolio contains solutions for the automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, medical devices, industrial machinery, and other industries. A key goal is to increase revenue for existing products and to create and launch new products by offering differentiated solutions that satisfy customer needs and stand above the competition. She/he will drive data-driven strategic decisions based on corporate and segment-level business objectives, market and competitor analyses, and customer feedback. The selected candidate will be an integral member of the Integrated Electrical Systems (IES) team, leading the development of E/E data management, programmatic data access, schematic view generation technology for electrical systems and integrations between model-based electrical tools developed by IES and all leading MCAD and PLM systems.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management, this position involves responsibility for driving the development of a profitable software product suite for electrical data management and integration, as well as products and services that deliver the underlying architecture as a framework to other tools in the suite. The successful applicant will develop insight of the key trends impacting the business and will use this to create product strategies and market messaging. They will interact closely with our technical development organization helping to define and deliver the product roadmap, will work closely with our marketing organization developing tactics and building collateral, and will be an evangelist for the products, enabling account teams serving key customers and incubator accounts while developing our approach to the broader market. They will be responsible for boosting the market attractiveness of the products by developing a surrounding ecosystem of integrated Siemens and 3rd party products, and by studying possible acquisitions, partnerships and services. They will actively seek out opportunities to leverage the domain’s technology platform into new areas and articulate the business case for investing.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
This role will define and drive the investment strategy and roadmap for the portfolio’s applications and solutions. This requires active participation and leadership in the annual strategic planning process, quarterly business reviews, annual Capital release planning and execution, and other planning activities.
- Collaborate with senior management and key stakeholders within the strategic product planning processes to define investment strategies and product roadmaps.
- Work closely with sales and customers to achieve revenue goals, support product adoption, and understand customer requirements.
- Work with product development to facilitate planning and execution of the investment strategy and to realize roadmap objectives.
- Support, lead and develop a global team of technical product managers.
- Conceptualize pricing and packaging models for products and solutions.
- Develop go-to-market strategy and training collateral for the product and collaborate to develop the collateral necessary for product marketing and sales.
- Evangelize the product and solution vision to create excitement among internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Partner with industry and sales teams to demonstrate product capabilities to customers and prospects to grow business revenue.
- Maintain and apply awareness and knowledge of competitive offerings to create differentiated offerings and to increase market share.
- Develop positive working relationships with all levels of management and other departments within the company.
- Work collaboratively with corporate functions and other business segments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We are seeking an individual who is a business and technical thought leader in this field and is a recognized authority in this area. Candidates preferably have 10+ years’ experience in the electrical design industry (ideally automotive or aerospace) with a focus on Data Management and inter-tool integration.
Necessary skills and experience for this position:
- Bachelor’s in engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline required
- Expert knowledge of the use of software to manage complex electrical data.
- Enthusiasm for software technology, ideally with experience specifying new software products and/or deploying IT systems.
- An ability to think in business terms and to drive business initiatives.
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills coupled with the ability to communicate in clear, business oriented terms. Fluent spoken & written English is mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types and size of audiences is required.
- Quick learner, who adapts well to changes in a fast-paced environment and has a strong interest in learning and applying new technology to solve problems through teamwork and innovative solutions. Must be familiar with
- Enterprise Agile and Scrum development practices
- Must have experience working with both on-premises and SaaS software solutions
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degree e.g., MBA
- A track record of publications or presenting at conferences in this domain.
- Experience dealing with data models and inter-tool integrations.
- Experience working in discrete manufacturing industry a plus
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.