As Senior SAP Basis Expert you will be part of a global Technical Support Team with focus on SAP Service Operations, ensuring that all mission critical SAP systems will be in best possible shape, running with best performance & highest availability, and are in full compliance with Quality and Information Security regulations.
Your role will include coordination of & collaboration with external Service Providers. In this context, you are acting as a Service Manager for SAP service operations.
With detailed in-depth knowledge of SAP platform technology and standards, you will be the technical subject matter expert, supporting, consulting and guiding team members & project teams with respect to technical topics. In case of technically driven upgrade projects, you will be taking over the role of a technical lead.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises independent judgment and discretion in solving complex business problems.Task and Responsibilities
- Execute the implementation, configuration, and management of all the SAP on-prem and Cloud solutions, including but not limited to, SAP S/4 Hana, SAP Fiori, SAP PO/PI, SAP BI Platform, and SAP Solution Manager. Guide the application of corrections and transports required by the application team to ensure the integrity of these systems.
- Configure and maintain the integration between on-prem SAP and non-SAP systems as well as the ones between on-prem SAP and other cloud systems like Salesforce, Ariba, Workday, and IBP, via the use of SAP PO/PI, Dell Boomi, SAP Cloud Connector, and HCI-DS agents.
- Monitor the system performance regularly against the performance benchmarks, and proactively identify future issues, and plan to optimize performance.
- During critical problems, become the single point of contact to the SAP OSS system. Record and track problems as they occur, perform updates to the system in the form of repairs, and coordinate updates with the application group.
- Perform HANA system backups, HANA system replication, and maintain and configure high-availability environments.
- Perform SAP applications and HANA upgrades to the latest stack
- Maintain disaster recovery components of SAP and boundary solutions.
- Lead the execution of the upgrades for all the on-prem SAP systems including the integration components like the Hana Cloud Connector and HCI-DS agents. This includes Support Packages and release level upgrades. Ensure that all components like SAP Kernel and Database remain current.
- Lead the execution of rollout of the latest technical releases (e.g. SAP-Gui)
- Experience in configuration, Integration of single sign-on, SSL certificates, SAP Web-Dispatcher.
- Organize tool-based incident, change, and request management.
- Create technical documentation and knowledge-based articles.
- Provide recommendations on architecture and configuration
- Identify infrastructure needs and implement optimizations
- Perform problem and risk management (determine risk - incident/project) for focus area
- Offer 2nd and 3rd level support for supervised systems
Required Education, Experience and Knowledge/Skills
University degree in engineering / computer science or similar
- At least 8 years of experience in SAP Basis area
- Excellent SAP Netweaver skills, solid SAP HANA expertise
- In-depth knowledge of SAP related security concepts
- Proven experience in dealing with major incident / escalation
- Must be able to demonstrate sound functional understanding of the SAP technical framework
- SAP HANA, SAP OS/DB Migration SAP Certification is a plus
- SAP S/4HANA on Cloud deployments or migrations is a plus
- Solid Experience in SAP Solution Manager is a plus
General Technical Skills:
- Must be proficient with concepts of SAP architecture
- At least basic knowledge of ITIL framework
- Must be able to demonstrate solid in-depth expertise in technical SAP Basis area
- (system architecture / technical solution design)
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in technical Service Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must possess the ability to collaborate remotely with the functional teams in Germany and the USA.
- German Language skills would be very helpful but are not mandatory.
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working with very little supervision
- Must be capable of taking initiative, with a firm understanding of the final goal to be achieved
- Must not only be an excellent team player, but also show willingness to take over the lead
- Experience with Service Management, especially dealing with external service providers
What do we offer:
• Variable and Christmas bonuses
• Additional pension plan Contributions
• Bridge days – free extra paid leave, usually 5 days a year
• Company Smartphone with option for personal use
• MultiSport Card
• 3 sick days (no doctor’s permit needed) per year
• In case of sick leave 100% salary reimbursement 20 days/ year, family care 10 days/ year
• Work how it suits you – from our New Office (Free Parking Included), possible Home Office
• Flexible Working Hours
• Yearly Flexible Benefit Budget
• Training program (ACCA, Language courses, IT and Automation training, soft skills trainings,…)
• Wellbeing program – Psychological, Legal and Financial Councelling
• Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, employee loans)
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards : starting from 3500EUR brutto /month + VAR*
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time