Siemens Digital Industries Software is an engineering innovation company, with a proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical, and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system engineering for noise, vibration, durability, and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications.
We are a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products.
Within the Test division, we are searching for a Software Development Engineer Fundamentals and Graphics to join our Simcenter Testlab development team in Leuven, Belgium.
As a Software Development Engineer Fundamentals and Graphics, you can collaborate with other software development engineers, within and across teams, to deliver on challenging new features provided by your Product Development Engineer. The end goal is to deliver state of the art functionality with fast performance and a compelling user interface based on the best suited architecture, while safeguarding the quality of existing software and applying the agile development methodology as defined in the Product Creation Process.
- You will become part of the Simcenter Testlab Fundamentals and Graphics team and will be mainly working on creating reusable user interface components, reusable graphical components for visualizing engineering data, a reporting engine for creating engineering reports, … These graphical and user interface components are used by all other Simcenter Testlab application teams to build their applications.
- Implementations will be tested by the product development engineer according to agreed specifications and on usability, performance, and
- Development is a process with a continuous dialogue and in an open culture.
- The fundamentals team is involved in future cloud applications.
- You will be fixing documented internal and customer bug reports of existing and new functionality.
- You will have the opportunity to work from home on a regular basis and balance your work-life.
- Analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of fundamental components (component-based software engineering)
- Follow the Agile development methodology
- Building up knowledge in new technologies and architectures
- Work closely and constructively with team members in different locations
We are looking for a software development engineer with a passion to create high quality engineering software solutions. In order to be a successful candidate, you should:
- have a Master in informatics, engineering, or equivalent industrial or academic experience in development
- be experienced in object oriented programming, analysis and design. Our code base is mainly in C++ and C#, although the future is cloud based.
- have an analytical mindset and an eye for: quality, precision, and performance
- be a team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and experiences with others
- have good knowledge of English. Most of the team members speak Dutch, however English is needed to communicate with all colleagues.
- be dynamic, stress resistant and combine analytical thinking with a result-oriented approach
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time