We are expanding our team as we embark on a green field application bringing High Performance Computing(HPC) to the Cloud for the secure execution of chip design software, real challenges are you ready ?
The Hybrid SaaS/PaaS solutions and tools are intended to scale in increments the size of an entire SaaS application for a single request.
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to build and lead a product team(s) in partnership with Product Management. Together you will shape the strategy and direction of your team and influence the broader Cloud Orchestration vision and strategy for years to come.
This is an outstanding opportunity to combine your agile leadership with your technical understanding to deliver impactful results.
We appreciate that these lists can appear daunting. In this scenario they indicate some elements that you may have, and that you are interested in evolving towards. Our current team is both culturally and technically diverse with understanding across 5 distinct technical domains required for the challenge ahead.
We are all learning, we are all growing, you will too.
This is a senior position working collaboratively with the R&D Director!We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Assisting in the founding of a SW team in Ireland
- Agile practices for the delivery of incremental customer value in hybrid SaaS modes.
- High performance highly secure scalable software
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Is first and foremost a people manager, with a strong track record of growing engineers in their personal growth and career progression
- You have good partner management skills, including with non-R&D partners
- Understands Agile principles and practices and facilitates teams to become highly successful
- Is a natural leader that builds respect and creates a safe space for innovation to flourish
- Understands the requirements of Cloud based solutions along with the techniques and behaviours required to deliver them successfully
- Is agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for software and infrastructure containing customer IP in the cloud
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Assist with hiring the rest of the team and future teams
- Agile facilitator within the team
- Working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solutions
- Maintain openness and collaboration within and across teams while ensuring focused execution
- Partnering with engineering, product, and design leaders to shape team direction and strategy
- Enabling your team to achieve high levels of productivity, performance and reliability
- Teaching, mentoring, coaching and being a role model for engineers and other engineering managers
- Attracting, building, growing and retaining top talent
- Governance of quality, security and performance objectives
- Driving R&D grant and funding applications
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Experience in building complex high performance systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Agile certification
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others
- Ability to build and maintain successful teams
- Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle
It means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time