We are looking for a member of our logistics team focused on monitoring the correct documentation of shipments exported outside the EU.
We expect our new colleague to be able to make independent decisions and solve tasks in the assigned area, but also be a good team player, as this position requires coordination of assigned topics with colleagues who handle another part of the logistics process (freight).
Export documents are processed electronically in SAP and ATLAS. Your task will be to take care of shipments that have been evaluated by internal systems as erroneous, and the necessary customs documents may either be completely missing or have some deficiencies. Your task will be to correct/agree with the parties involved in the customs procedure to correct all these errors.
On a daily basis you will be communicating with Siemens Business Units that are mainly located in Germany or other EU countries, as well as with customs authorities within the EU to clarify what needs to be added or corrected in the documents.
What will your job entail?
- Daily work with the SAP system, where you will find all the information.
- Checking correctness of documents for customs purposes to meet EU export criteria
- Finding the causes of problems in customs procedures and resolving them
- Taking action to address the root causes of these errors
- Ensuring a legally compliant and implementation of customs and foreign trade regulations and processes
- You will interact with (among others) customs authorities
- You will report regularly to internal customers, informing him of potential errors in the process and overall documentation quality of the carriers they use
- You will suggest improvements and streamlining of existing processes to comply with all regulations
As a suitable candidate, to be able to do the job, would need:
- Dilligence and accuracy
- Good knowledge in German on B1 level minimum for daily communication with customers and customs in Germany.
- Knowledge of English at working level for communication with freight forwarders worldwide, as well as with customs offices/customs brokers
- ability to deal with customs authorities within the EU
- Consistency and a strong sense of follow-through are required
- Ability to work very well with Excel
- Experience in international transport or customs declaration would be an advantage
- Experience with SAP or similar system and a knowledge of the ALTAS customs system is an advantage but not a must
- Positive attitude towards IT (paperless office)
What can SIEMENS offer you?
- 5 weeks of vacation (up to 8 extra days can be purchased from the benefits budget)
- Flexible working hours with a fixed core from 10:00-14:00
- home office with 100 CZK net/day allowance
- annual bonus with the possibility of transfer to cafeteria
- e-vouchers worth 90 CZK/day
- MultiSport card at a discounted price
- annual cafeteria budget of at least CZK 24,000 with any use on the benefit-plus website (e.g. holidays, language course, cultural and sporting events, etc.)
- contribution to life insurance or pension insurance paid from benefits
- company kindergartens in Prague and Ostrava
- the opportunity to become a Siemens shareholder and receive free shares
We will fully train you, provide you with maximum support and guide you to develop your work experience. That's not only why we are the ideal place to develop your career!
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time