Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We're looking for a highly qualified DevOps Engineer to join the Mentor Emulation Division (MED) Communications / 5G team in Cairo, Egypt.Main Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Improve CI/CD tools integration/operations, and full automation of CI testing.
- Continually review current practices and implement best practices and emerging concepts in CI/CD landscape.
- Collaborate with the development team and QA teams to meet quality requirements and goals.
- Help with OSS security level assessments.
- Ensure compliance with OSS process.
- Drive getting the required legal clearance for proposed OSS upgrade.
- Manages OSS requests and works to complete OSS clearing process.
- Works with R&D to submit new OSS requests for clearing in Siemens system.
- Works on security/vulnerability issues specific to either existing or new OSS packages.
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2-4 years of CI/CD engineering experience using source control (git) and feature branch strategies.
- Experience with continuous integration tools (preferably GitLab CI/CD, Jenkins) to maintain multi-tiered infrastructure and web applications.
- Experience in using Terraform to implement IAC (Infrastructure as code).
- Experience with deployment strategies to reduce downtime and risk.
- Experience with docker & Kubernetes deployment script, Jenkins, Cluster set up.
- Knowledge in installing, configuring, and maintaining software security pipeline tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python programming language and shell scripting languages.
- Ability to decompose complex processes into smaller components.
- An appetite to automate where applicable.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Knowledge of AWS platform is a plus.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time