Industrial Vertical Market Manager, Smart Infrastructure, Siemens Canada
Change the future with us.
We are passionate about innovations that mean real progress. We are excited about technologies that still need to be developed. What about you? Do you want to use your curiosity, passion, and creativity to make the lives of millions of people easier and better? Join us as a graduate –either by beginning your career with us or through a co-op placement. Whichever path you take, we’re looking forward to seeing your perspective.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
Freedom and a healthy work-life balance. Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2022.
As Industrial Verticals lead for the Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) business in Canada, you will be responsible for the growth of Siemens SI vertical business in industries such as Chemicals, Battery Manufacturing and Mining verticals with customers, partners and internal stakeholders across Canada. Join us in Transforming the Everyday!
What will you do?
- Help and enable customers achieve their strategic objectives by being a trusted advisor
- Grow Siemens Smart Infrastructure business with partners and customers in the assigned industrial verticals
- In conjunction with the applicable Business Units(BU), develops, executes, and monitors annual business plan and targets for each BU to ensure business sales and profit objectives are achieved.
- Be able to lead business development and sales for big and complex industrial projects across Canada
- Identify market trends, customer needs and competitive advantages, and use this knowledge to grow Siemens SI Market Share
- Identify and develop customer opportunities in the assigned verticals and convert them into sales at target customers in Canada
- Responsible to increase share of wallet for select relevant key customers (including relevant sales channel/integrators) based on products, systems, solutions, and services
- Drive Sales and Business Development with focus on Account development using solutions business as an enabler
- Able to pair industry vertical knowledge with digital applications and solutions to deliver actionable steps in customer conversion process or project sales cycle
- Be able to work and lead in matrix organization, coordinating with other Business Units and various teams including engineering, marketing, and sales.
- Develop and execute account plans for top customers in the assigned verticals…
- Drive cross BU collaboration across Electrification, Automation and Digitalization in assigned verticals
- Create and communicate industry specific Siemens SI value propositions both internally and externally
- Provide leadership & oversight for Go-To-Market strategies for new products and solutions in the assigned verticals
- Organize and execute value-creation workshops for strategic customers in assigned verticals
- Lead the vertical specific data transparency using CRM tools
What will you need to succeed?
- Proven Track record of 8 to 10 years in the industrial verticals (Chemicals, Battery Manufacturing, Mining, …) across Canada
- Proven track record of winning big and complex projects across Canada with participation from various stakeholders – both internal and external
- Knowledge about Electrification, Automation and Digitalization in industrial verticals.
- Existing market network of end customers, consultants, contractors, and other relevant stakeholders
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering from a reputable University
- Experience in an Engineering, Business Development or Sales position with strong business mindset and technical expertise;
- Experience working with End Users, OEMs, Integrators and EPCs in Canada
- Some knowledge about manufacturing processes, digital application trends including Cloud Technologies, Software as a Service Concept and Cyber Security.
- Entrepreneurship, consultative selling approach knowing the industry and the client’s key issues and business drivers
- Proven experience in developing and growing emerging vertical markets
- You have excellent communication skills, bilingual (French and English) is preferred, with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Willingness to business travel (<40%)
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.