Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
About the Role
The EMEA Simcenter Center of Excellence is looking for a Simcenter PreSales Account Development Specialist Automotive to support the EMEA sales organisation.
This position involves working as part of the EMEA Center of Excellence for Simcenter.
Engineering companies increasingly need to predict real-world performance of their products using simulation tools that capture all of the physics that influence product efficiency and performance including those that cross the boundaries of traditional engineering disciplines. To improve your product you need to be able to predict how performance changes in response to multiple parametric design changes.
Simcenter™ software uniquely combines system simulation, CAE, Test and Engineering to help you predict performance across all critical attributes earlier and throughout the entire product lifecycle.
This PreSales Account Development Specialist is part of the PreSales organisation and will assist the account teams in defining the Engineering Value Proposition for a Digital Transformation vision of our customer processes.
You will support account teams in structuring the engagement, leveraging Siemens good practices (SVS, Challenger, Advantedge…) taking into account all the aspects of a pursuit: customer relation, engagement staffing, realizable roadmap with end-to-end enterprise architecture, program setup, alignment with Product Development, etc.
As customers get more mature, they look for comprehensive solutions aligned with their specific industry needs. By providing Industry expertise, the business developer builds trust with the customer.
As a PreSales Account Development Specialist, you would be expected to work closely with account teams, to ensure engagements success, by bringing your industry expertise, your broad understanding of the Simcenter portfolio, your experience in complex pursuits and your leadership. Knowledge of the Xcelerator portfolio is an asset in this context.
Belgium, France and open to other European locations
Area of Responsibility
- Support on-going sales cycles while demonstrating a deep understanding of the industry needs and the Simcenter value proposition, including Industry related Simcenter Industry Campaigns.
- Support the EMEA GSCS organisation in selling Simcenter solutions into our target accounts. This happens through structuring the engagement, by understanding and implementing industry related GTM campaigns, by defining a holistic Value Proposition, by addressing all aspects of the engagement and by building trust with the customer.
- Produce quality content reusable in other engagements across EMEA.
- Facilitate collaboration across country/cultural boundaries/departments
- Become an industry focal point by collecting and sharing industry knowledge with the different country teams.
- Analyse our strengths and weaknesses against our competitors in the targeted industry
- Participate in country / zone events to promote the Siemens good practices from real world experience, in particular how / when to use Industry related Industry Campaigns.
- Provide on-the-job training for country teams on good practices: Challenger, SVS, Commercial Insight, Reframe, SMP, Prescriptive Selling, Advantedge, Solutionlink, etc.
Your Knowledge/ Skills, Education and Experience
- A degree in a general Engineering subject (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Software).
- Experience in a customer-facing sales, or business development function within the Automotive industry
- Able to understand, position and present the value of end-to-end Simcenter solutions in the context of the automotive industry
- Experience with CXO level discussions, and specifically with the CTO and/or COO
- Good Knowledge of all or part of the Simcenter Portfolio or comparable engineering process knowledge
- Understand how to leverage industry related Marketing Campaigns
- Good English language skills
- A good communicator and excellent presentation skills
- Able to travel to EMEA countries and communicate effectively with multiple nationalities and cultures
- Able to work in a EMEA role in collaboration with country teams, in a consultative and directive mode of working
Preferred Knowledge/ Skills, Education and Experience
- MBA or similar Business Qualification
- Trained in value selling methodologies such as Challenger
- Enterprise Architecture definition, in particular with Big Block diagrams
- Experience in value quantification and Return On Investment calculation
- Knowledgeable of the PLM competitive landscape
- Experience with Xcelerator portfolio
- Able to speak more than one major European language
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time