Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Laboratory Technician 2.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and invivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Laboratory Technician 2, you will be responsible for:
- In your activities you will be responsible for executing production work orders in the complex Reagents Production area with the focus in the antibody enzyme conjugation reactions and purification through various technologies. These reagents impact all current Diagnostics Platforms (Atellica, Dimension, Vista, Stratus, EXL, ADVIA, and Centaur). You will support manufacturing to meet customer demands with strict timeline window.
- You will take part at the knowledge exchange with cross functional team to improve and further develop our processes and products.
- You will support continual improvements in multiple areas such as procedure upgrades, process development, and technical development.
- You will strictly adhere Quality System Requirements and follow proper cGMP and GDP guidelines.
- You will support manufacturing for equipment handling and timely maintenance. You will support troubleshooting of HPLC, NGC, Spectrophotometer, pH meter, Centrifuge, AKTA Prime Plus, UV detector and Fraction Collector.
This position may suit you best
if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You have completed BS or MS degree in Biochemistry or chemistry and have at least 1+ years of relevant experience in protein or antibody conjugation and purification techniques.
- You have basic laboratories skills used in wet chemistry such as pH adjustment, measurement of protein concentration, pipetting, handling hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, and handling of AKTA, NGC, or HPLC purification systems.
- You have ability to work with strict timeline, work independently and or as a team player, adopt frequent changes, handle multi-tasking and prioritize workload as needed.
- You have ability to handle small- and large-scale productions with longer lead time, work in cold room for longer hours, lift or move 20lb to 40lb heavy containers, and flexible to work after hours or during weekend if needed to meet customer demands.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new processes or technologies.
- You have very good communication and presentation skills.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry or equivalent protein/antibody experience required
- Basic Laboratory techniques used in chemistry lab (pH, Spectrophotometer, Pipetting, Ultrafiltration, dialysis, HPLC analysis, purification processes such as SEC, Affinity, or Ion-exchange chromatography).
- Must be quick learner and able to work independently.
- Experience in SAP, cGMP, GDP, and GLP
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.