*This position must reside in the greater Bowling Green, Kentucky area - Non-Negotiable
The Maintenance Supervisor position will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing supervision of a full-service day-to-day electrical and mechanical maintenance operation for packaged material handling equipment in a new automated warehouse.
The equipment to be maintained will consist of several logistics systems including automated conveyors, gantry systems, monorail systems, automated guided vehicles, and the associated enterprise IT/OT computer applications. These systems will include mechanical hard automation, programmable logic controllers, HMI, motion control devices, instrumentation, and LV power distribution.
The maintenance operations will be performed on a 24/7/365 days basis (excluding designated holidays).
The position will report to a Site Manager in the Siemens Digital Industries Customer Services Field Services organization.
In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor will interface with Siemens Operations Manager, the end customer site manager, and other Siemen’s entities.
This position will be responsible for supervising a staff up to 12 maintenance technicians performing the following tasks including, but not limited to: plant process optimization, troubleshooting, preventive, and predictive maintenance activities
Supports and implementation of effective maintenance-related policies and guidelines, implementation of function specific processes, procedures, methods, safety and/or tools relating to the maintenance of equipment and systems.
Work closely with Siemens Site Manager regarding shift plans, scheduling teams, PTO planning, training of new team members and ongoing training for new products and software, spare and wear parts ordering, etc.
This position will share responsibilities with Siemens Site Manager for operational and KPI reporting and communication with the end customer manager(s).
Responsible for defined equipment preventive maintenance.
Proposes maintenance budgets and resource allocation in maintenance operation.
Contributes to realization and/or optimization of technical infrastructure and equipment.
Manages cooperation with external suppliers and maintenance service providers including the OEM/Original Equipment Manufacturers.
Supports plant training programs for maintenance personnel.
Responsibility for maintenance employee safety.
- Support the development of tools, reporting/dashboards to provide key performance indicator visibility to business management.
- On-Site Supervision for the 3:00pm to 12:00am shift.
- Act as backup to Siemens Site Manager when he is otherwise occupied.
- Supervise employee safety programs, practices, and procedures.
- Supervises technologically demanding and complex processes in an automated production environment, which need specialized, experienced, and well vocationally trained work force.
- Plans, prioritizes, and manages related resources and measures.
- Interface with end customer site manager, intra-organizational/company contacts, and functionally oriented external contacts.
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner to ensure that client’s needs have been met and that the product/solution is fully functioning according to specification.
- Review maintenance requirements, materials / equipment planning to meet maintenance project management schedule.
- Coordinate maintenance services delivery to meet customer operational schedules.
- Supervise maintenance technicians, subcontractor’s staff, including but not limited to the following: assigning and checking work, planning tasks, establishing objectives / priorities.
- Take initiative as problems and opportunities arise by anticipating and meeting customer needs and company expectations.
- Mentor and Train staff and develop processes to foster a controlled environment with technical depth that support current and future maintenance and reliability objectives.
- Report metrics in an accurate and timely manner. Help manage maintenance documentation and performs other duties as assigned by Siemens leadership.
- Optimize maintenance approach and procedures to continuously improve the maintenance Key Performance Indicators.
- Supervise Parts usage, ordering, and inventory.
- Supervise Tool Control program.
- Will be Primary POC for IT (Oracle dBase) coordination with OEM.
- Daily Duties to include Time Approval, shift pass downs, daily management pass downs, et cetera
- Oversee good documentation and record keeping by the Maintenance Technicians.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Control(s) Engineering, Industrial Engineering, & Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 year’ s experience working in Industrial Maintenance.
- 1-2 years of previous project delivery experience (installation, commissioning, testing, and/or maintenance activities) in industrial environment
- Proven experience in leading technical teams
- Limited travel required<5% mostly for training
- Experience and knowledge of PLC, Control Systems, Automation, low voltage drives, low voltage motors and small gearboxes
- Software/electrical skilled (Basic Siemens PLC functions, E-Plan reading and understanding)
- Must be able to identify critical operational topics and improve the concept
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with employees, co-workers, sub-contractors, partners, and clients
- MS Office literate. (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel,…)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.