Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
The Procurement Specialist position is assigned the EP (Electrical Products) Business in SA/ Canada/ Mexico unit supports the development and implementation of a procurement strategy for the area of responsibilities. Help develop and drive the location supply chain strategy. Support the plant Procurement activities to optimize supply cost and EVA (Engineering Value-Add) contribution. Assist with the development of a supply base that reduce product risks (quality, delivery, etc.) and increase our customer reliability.
- Support the Location Procurement Manager in the plant in developing and implementing location procurement strategies
- Provide benchmark data and market study information to help drive CNI (Contribution to Net Income) generation and supplier changes
- Help support cost reduction activities (PPC – Purchase Price Change and MCP – Material Change Price) by supporting Procurement with the sourcing process (quote analysis, RFQ generation, supplier component review, etc.).
- Support the Commodity managers with negotiation preparation and implementation
- Initiate and participate in sourcing team decisions/activities for location specific parts.
- ESN and system data clean up clean up.
- Creates transparency on the supplier market, introduces and drives qualification of new suppliers, benchmarks existing supplier base
- Participates in the process and integrates supplier and supply market expertise prior to decisions on product portfolio.
- Assist and escalation in negotiations for Logistics and Shipping Agreement, including consigned inventory, vendor managed inventory.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain preferred.
- At least 3-5 years’ strong experience working in some aspect of Supplier Management, Product Management, Sales or Product Development preferably relative to a Project/factory environment.
- Travel: 15% to North American Operational sites and Supplier’s Facilities in mainly North America.
- Demonstrated procurement skills in the areas of Supplier Management, Contract Negotiations, Supply chain Processes, Sourcing, Product Lifecycle Management, and system integration.
- Strong written and verbal Communication skills including expertise in presentation development and delivery. Comfortable working with higher levels of management within an organization.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Understanding and application of functional management approaches and leading and acting in cross-functional teams. Team player; collaboration skills.
Preferred / Assets:
- Knowledge of SAP
- An engineering degree
- International business experience
- Sales, System Integration R&D or Product Management
- Commercial Procurement Expertise
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.