Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Siemens Smart Infrastructure Security team is seeking a System Application Specialist to support security projects. This role is responsible for sales consulting, executing, testing, and commissioning complex security systems, including access control, network, video management, and other related systems. The System Engineer will participate within a diverse project team on the conceptual development, design, and implementation of these projects. The project team could include customer resources, manufacturers technical support groups, contractors, and internal employees. This role is also responsible for support of internal field technicians on advanced systems problems encountered in the field. The Security Engineer will often have customer facing responsibilities for both deployment and technical support on system related issues The position provides some flexibility with an ability to support some of our customers remotely though not exclusively, as we still will need an onsite presence based on project demands.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8-10+ years’ experience in security systems support, programming, installation, and servicing large complex Software House access control (ACS) and American Dynamics video management systems (VMS)
- Extensive experience in the design, documentation, and integration of these systems
- Understand and can follow various IT project processes, language, and structure
- Acting team expert for all networking related issues such as VLAN, ACL, Server, and port issues
- Can perform as senior technical resource for resolution of system errors, failures
- Take part in and lead the commissioning of these systems.
- Responsible for acceptance testing.
- Have designed and deployed multiple CCURE 9000 Enterprise systems
- Able to support and deploy 3rd party integrations with both access control and video systems.
- Experience in layout, integration and design of security and surveillance systems.
- Technical training on systems designed a requirement: CCURE, VMS systems, camera technologies, network, and software architecture
- Knowledge and awareness of project management principles, documents, and plans.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical knowledge for area of expertise
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues
- Ability to assemble training documents and deliver customer training on new systems
- Must hold current certifications in access control, video management, and Intrusion system
- Certifications required from Software House CCURE 9000 Enterprise systems
- CCURE Installer/Maintainer
- CCURE Advance Integrator
- CCURE Enterprise Integrator (Preferred)
- SQL database certification required
- Network training and certification required
- Genetec IP video certifications desired but not required
- Salto certification desired but not required
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.