We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get rewards for them!
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do:
The Medium Voltage (MV) Business Unit of Siemens Energy is looking for highly qualified Engineers for our Medium Voltage Switchgears group. As Mechanical Engineer you will work on the development of mechanical designs and drawings adjusting to current regulations and standards to fulfill customers expectations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop Mechanical Design (DTO), satisfiying customer requirements, and applicable standards.
• Analyze technical specifications implementing an appropriate product solution to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
• Be part of the Engineering quality culture providing feedback of the Quality of the deliverables from Engineering to different assembly lines.
• Ensure clean Engineering and Drafting deliverables by analyzing the most common failures and approving their corrective actions, and follow up of their implementation.
• Provide Guidance and leadership to the team during the analysis of daily conflicts.
• Identify potential risks for failures and implement preventive actions with the Engineering and Drafting teams, to prevent the occurrence of a defect in the Engineering and Drafting deliverables.
• Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job.
• Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
• Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Office AutoCAD and Engineering Base
What will you need to succed?
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills in the English language; must be fluent in English.
• Proven experience working with electrical distribution products and systems.
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of protection and control systems and apply appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
• 2+ years of Mechanical design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms.
• Proven ability to create, convert & modify drawings with Electrical CAD software.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done with high quality and in a professional manner.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
• Proven experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry.
• Ability to multitask, managing large workloads and business demands.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
Considered a plus but not required:
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
• Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear
• Electrical design/drafting experience with Engineering Base (Microsoft Visio) and/or AutoCAD Electrical
• Working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage power distribution products.
• Working knowledge on motor protection and control product manufactures including Siemens Simocode and Siemens SIRIUS thermal protection.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.