We are looking for a talented Design Representation and Geometry Scientist with deep know-how and interest in design and 3D systems representation, who would like to join our Design and Representation System (DRS-US) Research Group of the “Simulation and Digital Twin” Technology Field! This position has flexibility to be on-site or remote!
We need your help to build the world's most advanced modeling, simulation and optimization technology stack for large scale AI-driven engineering and manufacturing toolchains, in collaboration with our partner startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies. We're currently bringing onboard talented scientist like you to research and build our Design, geometry, representation and AI pipelines to support our projects. Our goal is eventually to bring Design tools and software into a new age of metaverse, high quality representation and seamless user interfaces.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the development of geometry and representation techniques within the team for design and optimization of industrial systems and processes
- Maintain and grow the existing network with academia and research community
- Identify, evaluate and implement new geometry and AI techniques to in collaboration with technology startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies
- Communicate complex ideas and testing results effectively, both orally and in writing, and provide recommendations and support to internal engineering teams through accurate and effective written documentation
- Seek advocacy from Siemens business units on potential use cases, while educating and transferring technologies back to Siemens businesses for product implementations.
- Collaborate with others, both within and outside Siemens, to develop successful research proposals for external funding that align with Siemens strategic direction.
- Contribute to writing proposals for research grants from various sources.
Qualified candidates will have:
- PhD in engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent, with 2+ years of related experience, with a well-established research track record as demonstrated by publications
- Outstanding coding skills in Python, R, C++ and ability to write high quality code, “code it right the first time”
- Familiarity with ML tools and packages like pyTorch, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, , et al
- In-depth knowledge of geometry and mathematical representation of 3D systems.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them to the design, representation, verification and assurance of complex systems.
- Familiar with systems engineering practices and/or system of system modeling and simulation techniques.
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization skills, with motivation to learn and use new technologies, work under uncertainty at fast pace, and ability to multitask and make key contributions to several projects
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found onhttps://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Siemens Technology employees are passionate about applied research. We create technology with purpose that benefits society - more agile and productive factories, more intelligent and efficient buildings and grids, more reliable and sustainable transportation. Our research powers Siemens products and is regularly featured in patents and publications. We operate in the Siemens Innovation Ecosystem, partnering with our businesses on highly visible projects where collaboration is key.
Our people continuously develop their talents, are curious, eager to learn, and not afraid to fail. Employees at Siemens Technology are empowered to own their growth and development. With over 30 countries represented across our workforce in the US, diversity of thought and experiences are key to our success.
We take pride in bringing our best selves to work everyday, prioritizing individual health, work-life blend, and flexibility.
At Siemens Technology, the success of our employees drives our success.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.