Siemens DISW is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management and manufacturing operations management software. We help thousands of companies realise innovation by optimising their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support. Siemens DISW is a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries Division. Driven by a deep understanding of what it takes to deliver successful products.
Help our customers transform their business with our world-leading technology!
The Simcenter STAR-CCM+ development team is seeking a motivated developer and researcher to contribute to development of the computational rheology models. These models are successfully applied by many of the Simcenter STARCCM+ customers. The development team is constantly seeking new opportunities to expand the code capability into new areas, with focus on:
· Shell part forming application
· State-of-the-art algorithms and parallelization techniques
· Performance optimizations
· Cross-functional team work to couple fluid rheology with the multi-physics environment of Simcenter STAR-CCM+Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Identification of suitable numerical techniques for constitutive modelling of complex fluids for various industrial applications.
· Implementation in a modern, commercial finite-element based framework
· Performance benchmarking and code optimization with focus both on serial and parallel performance
· Validation, debugging and close co-operation with quality assurance and customer support teams including responsibility for customer reporting defect identification and correction
· Working as part of a large, geographically distributed software development team, applying Agile development processes and methodologyA suitable candidate is expected to have:
· A Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in chemical/mechanical engineering, applied math or computer science
· Promising knowledge on low Reynolds numbers fluid dynamics, heat and mass transports and rheology of complex fluids including polymer melts and solutions, suspensions, emulsions and foams.
· Knowledge of finite element method and experience with algorithms and stabilization techniques used for simulations of complex fluids in creeping flow regime
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong C++ development skills
· Experience with parallel programming both in distributed and shared memory is a plus.
· Experience with modern CPU optimization and vectorization and GPU programming is a plus
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsJoin our Digital World
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We have some of the most inquisitive minds working across the world, re-imagining the future and doing outstanding things. Join our Talent Community today and let's stay connected in areas that interest you: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/jobs/digital-minds.htmlSiemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time