Siemens Large Drives LLC is looking for a Product Owner within our Research & Development Team. In this role you will work in our global team setup, you will interact with the Chief Product Owner, Product Cluster Manager, Product Manager, internal and external customers, fellow product owners, research and development teams to realize the features for multiple product lines over the whole product life cycle.Responsibilities:
- Crafts and maintains the Team Backlog
- Defines done criteria (DoD), ranks product backlog and accepts (or rejects) work results
- Represents customer voice to multi-functional teams
- Participates in the budget and roadmap planning
- Participates at sprint planning, review, retrospective and (often) at team meetings
- Describes user stories/epics
- Discusses and agrees (together with PCM/PM) with customers and collaborators what to do and why
- Defines the Minimum Viable/Marketable Product; decides release dates, scope and costs of the delivery; and supervises product development costs and product costs
Typically 10+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Required Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable. 5+ years of formal Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical subject area
- Consistent track record of completing projects on time, on budget, and satisfying all performance/quality requirements
- Excellent analytical skills; Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion
- Highly multifaceted, flexible and adaptable personality.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people as well as, a geographically distributed team
- Experience in a R&D environment
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with industry standard tools/processes used to lead Agile software development projects
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- International project management experience is preferred.
- Product Owner certification through reputable organization
- Knowledge & experience with MV variable frequency drives is preferred
At Siemens, our mission is to transform the every day. We strive to better understand the need of our customers and of society. We develop technology with impact to transform the world’s economies. We intelligently combine the digital and physical world to build a better tomorrow
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.