Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Tester Software Development Specialist to support our success in the manufacturing of Siemens Healthineers products and enhance the healthcare of our customers
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
The Tester Software Development Specialist will be engaged in the development of custom designed, software-driven production test equipment deployed into manufacturing sites to assess the performance of electro-mechanical assemblies. SW Developer will also support the development of other SW-based tools to support group processes as well as production support software systems. All development activities are to be conducted according to FDA requirements and internal quality standards. This position provides support to the New Product Development Technical Operations team to meet project deliverables in the completion of development testing. Project deliverables include producing test software to interface with the Siemens tester platform, to drive various electro-mechanical assemblies (e.g., stepper motors, home sensors, pumps, etc.) and to drive various control or measurement devices (e.g., valves, pressure transducers, data acquisition boards, etc.). Additional deliverables include unit testing, input to verification and/or validation plans, XML-based script development, resolving sw issues, input to internal sw development processes and procedures.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with the job duties below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Works closely with all engineering disciplines including R&D systems engineering, project Management, mechanical and electrical designers, verification and validation engineers, and quality personnel to verify and validate products
- Define and develop test systems software in the lab to drive electro-mechanical assemblies under test and acquire real-time data from various test measurement devices.
- Using LabVIEW, proprietary XML-based scripting language, and other sw languages, develop GUI driven, Windows environment, software/hardware systems to control test equipment, data acquisition systems and similar devices, interfacing with and incorporating a variety of sensors, process controllers, motors, etc.
- Support the development of a LabVIEW-based test executive used for controlling each test system containing the Stepper and Servo motor controllers, heaters, TEDs and sensors controlled using the CANopen bus protocol.
- Utilize Siemens design documentation, OEM device design documentation, and empirical experimentation techniques in developing test software.
- Analyze and interpret engineering design and test specifications for subassembly and final assembly products.
- Perform validation studies of test equipment/systems using industry standard statistical analysis methods.
- Ensure that all test systems and equipment are appropriate, maintained, and calibrated.
- Create technical documentation to define software architecture, business rules and workflow.
- Work with project teams to review, demonstrate, and ensure software meets test requirements.
- Support the trouble shooting, verification and validation of developed software. Design code for testing.
- Track and report on progress toward completion.
- Review test input requirements for completeness, correctness, clarity.
- Influence other sw functional teams to design in features of the electro-mechanical assembly firmware or product software to which the tester will interface for required testing.
- Provide input and/or, create/revise software related procedures. The Software Developer will also identify and implement sw process efficiencies and establish best practices for our internal functional expertise.
- Apply hands-on skills to work with the assemblies under tester or the tester components. Assemble enclosures, wire circuits and devices, or to otherwise build test equipment and acquisition systems.
- Review, advise and approve verification test cases.
- Interface with laboratory technicians and engineers to develop detailed list of requirements and software/hardware expectations.
- Create necessary support documentation and provide training (one-on-one and group)
- Interface with, create and modify databases – SQL, Access, Oracle, etc.
- Coordinate test activities with suppliers, corrective actions and test data analysis to improve yields, reduce scrap and improve efficiencies
- Ensure project software and tester platform software complies to 21 CFR Part 11.
- Develop Web applications using a variety of applicable languages and web technologies to support remote machine monitoring and control via both LAN and internet.
- Remain abreast of emerging technologies and recommend implementation into current processes, where applicable.
- Effectively manage and prioritize a diversified workload of short term/long term projects.
- Create a variety of business reporting applications, or product release test systems software.
- Keep up to date with new technologies as applicable to projects.
- Other duties as required.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline
- Demonstrated 7+ years of software development for hardware systems, familiarity with databases, XML, and test automation scripting and source code control systems
- Software language experience: Labview, LV projects and libraries, Active X and .NET components, C/C++, SQL, CANOpen along with one or more scripting languages such as VBScript, Jscript, Perl, Python or TCL
- Familiarity with test hardware such as NI-DAQ and other common measurement devices for position, force, voltage, optics, etc
- Fundamental engineering understanding of electrical systems and electronic controllers for stepper/servo motors, heating/cooling devices, pneumatic and fluidic pumps, sensors, etc.
- Knowledgeable in testing strategies and test automation for release of software driven, electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Excellent technical writing skills required. Experience with specifying software functionality, test steps and control flows to drive software development of test devices, numerical analysis and algorithmic functions.
- Experience with requirements management.
- Understanding of engineering best practices and test methodologies.
- Demonstrated capability to solve technical problems.
- Experience involving complex, multi-component electro-mechanical systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, technically communicate internally and with external clients
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and adapt to changes in program priorities
- Familiarity with electronic schematics and hardwire design drawings
- Experience with product development per FDA design control and ISO 13485
- Experience with sw design for 21 CFR Part 11 electronic records and electronic signatures.
- Proficient with current industry software tools and Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing to travel up to 20%
- Experience in directing technical teams of sw developers, sw testers, and mechanical designers where effective collaboration, goal setting, and decisioning is demonstrated to deliver testers on time and to the required level of functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, influence, set priorities and manage the expectations of cross-functional teams.
- Operator interface software design for manufacturing
- Familiar with engineering process improvement methodologies.
- Test experience in medical products.
- M.S. Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.