We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 303 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Today most of the buildings are still far from being perfect places. We have made it our mission to change this. You as a developer for Building Applications in the Edge and Cloud environment create the next generation of smart buildings for Siemens Smart Infrastructure. Together, we change how users engineer, operate and optimize buildings with focus on health, safety and sustainability. You are a Software Developer with a pronounced growth mindset, you are interested in new technologies, and you are keen to get an expert in the Building Automation domain. At Siemens, you would join a dynamic and motivated development team working in a professional environment with a highly flexible working model. We want to grow together, foster continuous learning and provide attractive development and career opportunities.
Your new responsibilities
- Design, implement and validate our future building control and analytics applications that can be deployed on Edge devices or in the Cloud
- Contribute to Design Thinking cycles
- Contribute to the Edge/Cloud infrastructure as well as to the application software architecture in an Edge/Cloud environment
- Be part of an agile R&D team, develop and share your knowledge and mentor other team members
- The position offers the potential to grow into technical leadership with architectural responsibility
Your skills and experience
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science or a related area with strong ability for conceptual thinking
- Initiative-taking, motivated and committed person with a growth mindset who likes to cooperate with other teams in a global setup and is willing to bring our solutions to the latest state of technology
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented programming concepts and languages, particularly with experience in Python
- Interest in modeling and control of physical systems in the Building Automation domain
- Ability to adapt to change in a flexible and innovative project environment
- Written and spoken English on a proficient level
Skills and experience that are considered as a plus
- Experience in cloud platforms, microservices and container technologies
- Experience with continuous delivery pipelines such as GitLab CI/CD to deliver high quality software
- Knowledge in Data Modeling and Semantic Web technologies like Web of Things
- Experience with methods and services in the context of data analysis
- German skills
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either