Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens DISW is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking a highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Software Development Engineer to join our forward-thinking S2S Cores Modeling R&D team in Cairo, Egypt.
This is a role with a truly global scope, and an opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.
In this role, you will participate in developing Transaction Level Models (TLM) for Microprocessors, Peripheral Controllers and Interconnects as part of Vista and Next Generation S2S products. These models are used to create ESL Virtual Platforms (VPs) that are increasingly adopted in the industry to simulate today’s complex MPSoC designs for early SW/HW co-verification during the design cycle.Main Responsibilities:
- Develop models for Microprocessors, Peripheral Controllers, and Interconnects.
- Use QEMU and SystemC to develop Models at the TLM abstraction level.
- Develop SystemC/TLM models that can be used to create Virtual Platforms.
- Test existing Microprocessor models using bare-metal and operating system software.
- Verify Peripheral models functionality versus behavior using SystemC.
- Apply unit test/debug methodology and execute test/implementation plans.
- Develop Microprocessor models for architectures including Arm, PPC, RISCV, TriCore, MIPS, etc.
- Develop Peripheral/Interconnect models for devices including Interrupt Controllers, Coherent Interconnects, etc.
- Simulate and Debug Customer’s Software.
- Write professional Functional Specs and Design Documents.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Electronics and Communication or Computer Engineering with Very Good and Honors degree or higher.
- Solid knowledge of C/C++ Programming.
- Solid Knowledge of digital and logic design concepts.
- Familiar with microprocessor and microcontroller design.
- Familiar with modeling using SystemC/TLM is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of QEMU is a plus.
- A good understanding of Embedded Software (Linux/RTOS) is a plus.
- Good programming skills using Shell Scripting, Python, Tcl, Perl is a plus.
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux operating system environments.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time