Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
This role can be based from anywhere in the UK with travel to various sites.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Leading Settings production for all Protection and Automation settings work in the Sales Operations and Service department with a focus on ensuring quality and continuous improvement.
- Deliver compliant protection & control settings in line with latest policies and procedures applied on the UK Transmission & Distribution network.
- Responsible for managing any outsourced settings ensuring quality meets Siemens and Customers standards
- Customer point of contact for settings issues
- Developing and managing all settings templates
- Variance management and improvement
- Sign off Technical Documentation
- Tendering support as required
- Support direct delivery of work packages
- Promote Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Current UKBP/TP141 Settings Authorisation - To be considered for this role, this is vital.
- A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering plus significant experience in the Electricity Supply Industry with experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Proficient with current UKBP/TP107 process and associated Technical Procedures
- Excellent standard of IT literacy – especially Word, Visio and Excel.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with settings on Siprotec 4&5 relays is desirable
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here.
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
We have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time