Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Site Installation Supervisor for Siemens Mobility to join our Project in Egypt for execution / installation of Contact Line System at the installation site. This is an excellent career opportunity for professional talents from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Overall responsibility / Mission
- Supervision of Overhead Catenary System installation activities at site.
· Well versed Knowledge of OCS materials like, Catenary wire properties, insulators and miscellaneous hardware
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization´s policies and applicable laws.
- Lead multiple teams in different points of the installation.
- Able to perform all electrical daily duties and controls the execution / installation of a Contact Line System including troubleshooting and repair as needed
- Will use Construction drawings including OCS structure, wiring layout plans, assembly and component drawings, technical manuals and manufacturer literature.
- Reading and interpreting design schematics to ensure the proper installation of electrical systems and addresses required changes
- Performs in maintaining complex tools, test equipment, calibration items, etc.
- Provide wok instructions to assigned crews providing detailed technical and work instructions.
- Prepare material tools, safety precautions for assigned jobs.
- Ensures quality performance of all assigned work.
· Handle site problem reports, open points, etc.
- Checks the site preconditions before start of the installation and reports status.
- Processes the change request management at site and makes the "as-built" entries in the construction documents.
- Schedules the installation works for a technical discipline (time schedule, resource planning, material, tools, etc.) and ensures that project schedule and quality demands are met.
- May control the execution of the implementation of sub-disciplines and/or provide supervisory / advisory guidance at site.
- Administrative tasks incl. deviation management, punch list activities, planning, controlling, ensuring and reporting of all activities of defect prevention
- Daily reporting of site progress, ensuring that progress is measured in terms of planned (programmed) versus Actual
- Prepares and performs hands-on training of commissioned devices and necessary applications.
Installation Supervisor will be an excellent communicator with the ability to provide good written, clear, concise reports along with the ability to present findings to Site Manager.
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the BMS procedures relative to their position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Inform management of any potential improvements that could improve Siemens Mobility environmental performance
- Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
Knowledge & Experience
- You have bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronic / mechanical engineering.
- 6 years of professional experience with relevant experience in projects related with Overhead Catenary System in Railway projects.
· Verifiable experiences with Siemens or equal railway Contact Line systems, associated equipment’s and Experience with 25kV OCS field construction activities
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs, installation principles including relevant standards.
· Experienced in dealing and Leading installation teams
- Ability to interpret instructions and solve practical problems
- Expert understanding of engineering principles, preferably in rail applications
- Good communication skills for cross functional teamwork
- Fluent English required
- Intercultural experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is for Egypt high-speed railway. First project site assignment shall be Egypt Green Line, hence 100% travel and work abroad willingness is needed.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time