Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Senior Site Installation Supervisor for Siemens Mobility to join our Project in Egypt for execution / installation of Contact Line System at the installation site. This is an excellent career opportunity for professional talents from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Overall responsibility / Mission
- Checks the preconditions before start of the installation and reports status.
- Executes installation works or guides them including troubleshooting and repair as needed
- Review of Construction drawings including OCS structure, wiring layout plans, assembly and component drawings.
- Processes the change request management at site and makes the "as-built" entries in the construction documents.
- Schedules the installation works for a technical discipline (time schedule, resource planning, material, tools, etc.) and ensures that project schedule and quality demands are met.
- May lead the installation staff in functional matters.
- May control the execution of the implementation of sub-disciplines and/or provide supervisory / advisory guidance at site.
- Administrative tasks incl. deviation management, punch list activities, planning, controlling, ensuring and reporting of all activities of defect prevention
- Reviews relevant documents and addresses required changes
- Daily reporting of site progress, ensuring that progress is measured in terms of planned (programmed) versus Actual
- Liaison on and off site with the Sub contractor.
- Interface with designers, site managers, interface manager
- Highlighting any slippages and actions taken for recovery.
- Prepares and performs hands-on training of commissioned devices and necessary applications.
Senior Installation Supervisor will be an excellent communicator with the ability to provide good written, clear, concise reports along with the ability to present findings to Management.
Measurement of success
- Clear Concise Daily reports
- Zero incidents / accidents on site.
- Zero Nonconformance reports
- Installation running to schedule or ahead of schedule
- Coordinate the Communications installation works with the Site Manager, Project Manager and his representative and subsequently the Sub Contractor.
- Reporting of daily progress and any notifiable incidents or accidents
- Be safety conscious in terms of Method statements and safe systems of works.
- Inspecting works daily, documenting any snagging items or installation defects for inclusion in the Master Snag List.
- Managing Snag items through to completion.
- Co- ordination of site materials and logistics with the Installation Contractor.
- Undertake site surveys and inspections
- Dealing with any site-specific queries – escalating unresolved issues where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all method statements and drawings used on site are the latest and up to date
- Manage the access to the site with the Overall Site Management
- Follow the schedule and targets set to finish the works on time, highlight to the Site Manager / Project Manager where improvements are possible and where the deadline cannot be met
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact
- Ensure compliance with the BMS procedures relative to their position
- Follow emergency procedures
- Wear approved protective clothing and using safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent
- Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment
- Inform management of any potential improvements that could improve Siemens Mobility environmental performance
- Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents
- You have bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably in electrical / electronic / mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of Ten years work experience with relevant experience in projects related with Overhead Catenary System in Railway projects.
- Vast Experienced in dealing and Leading installation teams
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding designs, installation principles including relevant standards.
- Ability to interpret instructions and solve practical problems
- Expert understanding of engineering principles, preferably in rail applications
- Good communication skills for cross functional teamwork
- Fluent English required
- Intercultural experience
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is for Egypt high-speed railway. First project site assignment shall be Egypt Green Line, hence 100% travel and work abroad willingness is needed.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/in/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time