Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Are you brave enough to challenge yourself?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
Join our Team as Quality Assurance Engineer – Electromagnetism
About the Role
Siemens is seeking to hire a Quality Assurance Test Engineer as a part of sustained worldwide growth. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute during the entire software life cycle of our leading CAE/CFD tool STAR-CCM+. You will be a key member of the team while working independently to prepare test plans and test cases, review testing checklists and validate the solutions delivered by development. Your uncompromising attention to detail will be required to run, monitor, and triage regression tests on a regular basis, while your knowledge and experience will help to improve test coverage, tools, and processes.
The Test Engineer will document all problems, work to resolve them and report progress on problem resolution to management. The Test Engineer must communicate proactively and effectively with local and global team members, team leads, project managers, software developers, and management on issues.
What you’ll be doing
· Assessment of new product functionality
· Develop and document test plans and procedures to verify that our software products and releases meet the established functionality and performance goals
· Implementation of Software Testing strategies including the execution of System, Integration, and Unit testing to fulfil the quality requirements on our products
· Test the products and document and communicate the results of that testing
· Detailed reporting of software defects, communication of risks to Project leads and follow-up with stakeholders to ensure prompt resolution of issues
· Develop automated testing procedures and programs to enhance certification efforts
· Contribute to strategic directions for the entire Quality Assurance organization
· Collaboratively contribute to plans for overall quality improvement and obtain signoff from all stakeholders as required
· Effectively work with a globally dispersed team
· Participate effectively in cross-functional teams
· Work with other development areas to improve fault prevention higher up the development stream
· Participate in testing projects as the representative of Quality Assurance
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Computational Mathematics
· Good theoretical understanding of electromagnetism and heat transfer processes
· Expertise in electric machines, induction heating, transformers
· Minimum 1-2 years of experience using a finite element tool preparing and executing numerical simulations in an industrial environment
· Demonstrated proficiency of written and spoken English
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to apply advanced level technical skills cooperatively in a challenging, fast-paced environment on a team with experienced professionals
· Flexibility to work in different domain areas when business demands
· Experience using STAR-CCM+
· Knowledge of electric machine design tools will be an additional advantage
· Basic knowledge of programming and/or scripting languages
· 2+ years Quality Assurance and /or Testing experience will be an additional advantage.
· Experience working in Agile SDLC environments
· Experience in managing a multi-platform (Windows / Linux) test environment
· In addition to the technical knowledge required for this position, applicants should be creative and highly motivated
What we offer?
· Competitive salary and benefits (Lunch Subvention, Holiday Allowance, Medical Care, Sport Card, Life Insurance)
· Extra 6 paid vacation days
· Work on implementations as product producer (Siemens) not a partner company
· Interesting and challenging career path within Siemens
· Support with relocation
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. We are involved in exciting and varied customer projects in the aerospace, automotive and transportation, consumer products and retail, electronics and semiconductors, energy and utilities, industrial machinery and heavy machinery, maritime, and medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. With us, you will find a team-oriented work environment, comprehensive training options and attractive benefits. Through individual target agreements and diverse career models with specialization options, we offer you the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Be part of the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Industries Software Homepage:
& MOM videos:
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software, s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time