Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
As Project Coordinator, you will work closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers within Smart Infrastructure. The goal of the position is to allow Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Coordinators also act as the HUB on all projects ensuring they move smoothly through all Project Milestones, keep a focused attention on document control, project close out, and will at times correspond with customers, on behalf of the Project Manager, in order to help ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure booking package is complete, obtain any missing documents and store in the Electronic folder.
- Obtain Plans and specifications and ensure they are delivered to the PM and Project Engineer.
General PM Support:
At the direction of the Project Managers, provide support to the PM with duties pertaining to projects. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Obtaining construction documents
- Project related document creation, copying, distribution and control
- Coordinate material purchasing and delivery to appropriate locations (as needed)
- Track material to ensure requested ship/deliver dates are met and costs properly accounted for in the project cost
- Be the liaison between the FBA organization and the PM’s to review billings (including SOV documents ) at the beginning of each month.
- Aid the Project Managers in collecting and communicating required information/documentation to facilitate customer payments.
- Perform contract administration for the PM’s to ensure a timely and smooth document flow to Subcontractors.
- Create purchase requisition or S-100 for Subcontractors once PM has finalized subcontractor price & scope. Attach applicable documents to purchase requisition
Month Close Support:
Perform monthly/month-end PM tasks as directed by the PM’s. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Active involvement in MPC meetings.
- Receive Planned Cost adjustment information from PM to process in SAP before month-end close. (Refer to the Claims and NCC Standard document). Ensure audit report is clean.
- Ensure that project specific documentation is filed for ease of review by the PM/Project Team, legal, and audit reviews. Filing is to be performed on a weekly basis for each project.
- On projects flagged by PM’s for in-house system (TECO), ensure that they do not have unissued material, are billed 100%, and do not contain committed cost.
What will you need to succeed?
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in a related position
- Post secondary education preferably in accounting/business administration
- Strong customer service experience; interacting with Project Managers and diverse stakeholders
- Proficient with MS Office; Advanced knowledge of MS-Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be a quick learner
- Able to work in a changing and challenging environment
- Able to adapt to new processes and structure
- Able to work individually as well as part of a group
- Asset: knowledge of SAP; Bilingual (English / French) communication skills
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.