(i) link initiatives to overall corporate, product, and industry strategy,(ii) identify growth opportunities,(iii) source, evaluate, and propose acquisitions, investments and partnerships, and(iv) support the transaction execution and integration process (as needed).
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of DI SW’s offerings and markets
- Well-versed in scaling SaaS business including architectural considerations
- Strong understanding of critical metrics in SaaS (including new logo, churn, ARR, ARPU, LTV/CAC, etc);
- Ability to understand platform economics including network effects, digital go-to-market journey and business model familiarity (consumption business models)
- Understand and stay current on market and competitive trends aligned to Siemens’ software and adjacent markets
- Research, compile, and analyze data to develop creative solutions for decision making
- Work with industry, product, and sales teams to refine product and go-to-market strategies looking for opportunities and portfolio gaps
- Develop strategic frameworks and competitive landscapes for segment/areas of interest
- Work closely with senior executives and cross-functional teams to develop and execute M&A and investment proposals
- Source and screen potential acquisition targets and develop a point of view on the merits of different options such as buy, partner, joint venture, etc.
- Establish and nurture relationships with potential sellers (corporations, entrepreneurs, bankers, investors)
- Collaborate within a cross functional team developing business cases and valuation models
- Present and advocate the best inorganic approach that supports corporate, industry and product offering strategies resulting in approved investment proposal and support of due diligence
- Uphold Siemens’ Business Code of Ethics.
- Solid engineering, computer science or technical education and experience
- Strong Cloud/SaaS Transformation understanding
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and analyze potential acquisitions and investments
- Effective interpersonal skills and adept at presenting recommendations that influence senior management
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership to encourage and motivate an organization
- Highly analytical with strong business acumen in financials, model construction, and valuation (discounted cashflow, multiples-based) skills
- Knowledge of the high-technology industry and/or enterprise software (EDA, PLM, low-code), a plus
- Required: Undergraduate degree in engineering or science. An MBA or advanced business degree preferred
- Required: 2-5 years of relevant SaaS/Cloud software work experience in: Product management/marketing/sales, or Management consulting or corporate development or Venture Capital
- Required amount of travel with the position: 5 - 15%
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.