Role Portrait: Regional Benefits Consultant
This opportunity is for a senior benefits consultant to join the global benefits team supporting the Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) region. Siemens global benefits team provides broad, strategic consulting by assessing and improving the effectiveness of the employee programs while providing a fresh, innovative and integrated approach to benefits design, strategy, financing, communication and delivery in support of reward strategy. This includes looking into new ways to tackle acute challenges across diverse populations and regions. In collaboration with stakeholders, our objective is to effectively support Siemens’ dynamic businesses by anticipating both challenges and opportunities. Deliver technological solutions to transform our employee experience while ensuring our benefit programs remain compliant and competitive to attract and retain talent.
The position reports to the Head of Global Benefits with the location of the role flexible and remote work possible. Must be able to support EMEA time zone.
- Expert consultation on the development, design, implementation and administration of employee benefit programs and related communications
- Analyze Siemens’ competitive position in the marketplace to formulate cost-effective benefits strategies
- Lead vendor meetings, on-site reviews and the RfP vendor selection process
- Provide compliance oversight and guidance around benefits plan regulations
- Partner with local teams to ensure external vendor(s) appropriately administer benefit plans and, as needed, support timely resolution of issues
- Monitor and communicate relevant legislative updates in a timely manner
- In collaboration with Compensation and Benefits HUB lead, support local teams tactically, as needed
- Collaborate with Siemens’ businesses, internal/external legal counsel, finance and other functions, as needed, to support benefits activity related to corporate mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures
- With an eye toward continuous improvement, proactively raise thoughtful recommendations
- Promote and share best practices
- Lead / support local, regional and/or global projects
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing employee benefits, including retirement programs
- Deep knowledge of occupational retirement programs in the region, including plan design and funding arrangements
- Strong knowledge of international employee benefits, including plan design and pricing strategies as well as health & well-being and flexible benefits
- Strong people skills to build and influence relationships at all levels (global partners, service providers and key stakeholders) to drive benefits strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate benefits information to various audiences
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and complex problem solving
- Ability to support multiple projects concurrently and prioritize rapidly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, be flexible and hold oneself personally accountable
- Comfortable working with ambiguity with a desire to broaden your knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Teams
- Multi-country experience preferred
- Cultural awareness and acceptance
- Growth mindset and willing to learn
- Travel, as needed
In over 200 countries and counting, Siemens, transforms the everyday to create a better tomorrow. Our technology is everywhere. It empowers our customers to transform the industries that form the backbone of our economies. At Siemens, we build technology with impact.
We are a technology company centered on industry, infrastructure, and transportation. No other tech company is better equipped to combine technologies from the digital and physical worlds, as well as to empower our customers to reshape industrial and infrastructure systems, making them smarter, more productive, more efficient and more sustainable.
Come join us transform the everyday!
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.