Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) for X-Ray Digital Image Chain / Medical Imaging and support our team to improve & develop our products.
Choose the best place for your work – Within the scope of this position, it is possible, in consultation with your manager, to work mobile (within Germany) up to an average volume of 60% of the respective working hours.
Effective from March 15, 2022 to December 31, 2022 inclusive, individuals working in medical facilities must be able to present a certificate of COVID-19 immunity in accordance with Section 20a of the German Law on Protection against Infection (IfSG – Infektionsschutzgesetz). This does not apply to individuals who cannot be vaccinated against coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 on account of a medical contraindication. A corresponding certificate in accordance with Section 20a IfSG is a prerequisite for the commencement of employment.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- You will implement image processing algorithms and software for various x-ray products and modalities; this will help physicians* and clinicians in decision making during patient treatment
- You will work closely with the imaging and display systems to ensure interface compatibility and architecture integrity.
- You will work directly with the technology and innovation clusters to evaluate and develop new breakthrough concepts, solutions, and prototypes that you will then use as the basis for implementation in our various products
- You will develop viable concepts and solutions for product requirements, enhance and improve software architecture, design, and system interfaces; contribute to improving continuous integration, testing, and deployment methodologies
- As a software expert you will work in a SCRUM team in an agile setup with short iterations, create and present sustainable solutions for the overall system, e.g. in regular demonstration rounds
- You continuously improve our existing software and tests (e.g. by refactoring) based on your long-term development experience
- You will coordinate software development and product upgrades for our systems in the field to ensure the best possible experience for our customers* and patients
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/products-services
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a successfully completed master's/diploma degree in computer science, information technology, physics or electrical engineering, a doctorate is an advantage
- You have several years of professional experience as a software developer in the field of image processing.
- Alternatively, we are also looking forward to applicants with a bachelor's degree or completed vocational training and further education in combination with many years of sound professional experience in this field
- You have several years of experience in the development of high-performance libraries for image processing algorithms in GPGPU-based architectures, e.g. CUDA
- You have in-depth knowledge of OOA/OOD (object-oriented analysis/design), design patterns and the C++ programming language; knowledge and practical experience in the C# programming language would also be desirable
- You have a very strong knowledge of software design methodologies and related processes, and have successfully implemented products in image processing
- You have a proven track record of applying methods for structured software testing at unit and component level, e.g. test-driven development
- Ideally, you are familiar with standards and regulatory requirements in the field of medical technology
Your attributes and skills:
- Personally, you have a high level of decision-making competence supported by a pragmatic, results-oriented approach and high-quality standards
- You enjoy the challenge of adhering to clean code principles and implementing sustainable solutions
- Your excellent communication skills enable you to find solutions acceptable to all stakeholders. You can explain complex technical challenges and solutions in a way that is understandable to non-experts
- Due to your experience and background, you can quickly engage in technical discussions and work as a team player across teams to solve technical obstacles
- You communicate fluently in German and English to successfully collaborate in an international environment
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 66,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time