Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Lead the Mechanical Calculations in the Turbine Development programs. Must be an expert in static/transient, Linear/Non-linear thermal and thermo mechanical FEA (Finite element analysis) of Steam Turbine static & Rotating components (e.g. casing, valves, rotor, bearing pedestals etc.) using commercial software such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, NASTRAN, etc.
· Perform Low cycle fatigue, High Cycle fatigue assessment of different components of steam turbine.
· Perform high temperature creep calculation and assessment. Creep-fatigue interaction needs to be checked.
· Must have experience of handling a project team comprising 2-3 calculation engineers. Should be able to lead the calculation activities with complete ownership.
· Must be able to review and validate the calculations from the project team and control the same with respect to quality of outputs and milestone timelines.
· Seamless transfer of structural integrity calculation input and output between design team and project lead respectively.
· Able to logically interpret the calculation results and provide design change solution and perform design optimization accordingly.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
· Mechanical Engineer, graduate/Postgraduate from recognized college/university (Preferred IITs / NITs).
· Minimum 10 years of experience in CAE/FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for linear, non-linear, static, Transient, thermal and structural calculations.
· Experience in Product Design in Turbo Machinery (Steam Turbine, Gas Turbine, Compressors, Pumps, etc.) or Aerospace.
· Strong background in engineering Mechanics and mechanical design.
· Experience in turbo machinery i.e. Steam turbine, Gas turbine will be preferred.
· Strong soft skills i.e. presentation, communication, team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time