Medical Field Service Engineer, X-Ray – East London and surrounding areas
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our team as a Medical Field Service Engineer in the East London region. You will install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a range of X-Ray systems.
Our customer service and support differentiate Siemens Healthineers from the competition and this high standard and quality must be achieved through engineers developing strong relationships and addressing issues promptly and professionally. This is a field-based role in the East London area covering NHS and Private hospital sites, whilst also supporting customers throughout the surrounding regions.
As a Medical Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
• Work in cooperation with the Support Centre to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthineers products within your designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
• When applicable provide out of hours technical service support and complete individual mandatory weekend working provision.
• Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work toward completion of Siemens Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers.
• Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team processes.
• Maintain good communications and team working with managers and colleagues across all levels.
• Escalate as appropriate situations where customer satisfaction is compromised, or contractual obligations are unlikely to be met.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
• HNC/HND in an Electronics, Engineering
• Ideally but not essential Field service experience from a medical, scientific and X-Ray industry desirable
• Applications from other industries and ex Armed Forces Engineers are encouraged if there is proven experience of testing, fault-finding, repairing, and maintaining high-value electronic equipment
• An interest and passion for working in healthcare and with medical equipment
• The ability to work both individually and in an established team
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to build strong relationships
• Strong IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
• You must hold a full UK driving licence
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognise that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
Siemens Healthineers has been Certified™ as a ‘great place to work’. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time