MBA Consulting Intern (various locations)
What is Siemens Advanta Consulting
Siemens Advanta Consulting is the global management consultancy of one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. Siemens Advanta Consulting helps our clients navigate their unique digitalization journey – from strategy to operations. Our mission is to transform our clients’ future and to develop the talent of today into the business leaders and experts of tomorrow.
Our Consulting team develops enduring business strategies as well as customized concepts and solutions in times of digital change. We support our clients globally in mastering the entrepreneurial and societal challenges of the 21st century.
Our projects offer unparalleled management exposure, a real impact on strategy, fun teams, and a focus on professional development.
Who you'll work with
Our Siemens Advanta Consulting team is comprised of roughly 500 consultants and experts across the globe. Since we value in-person and office culture, residing in either Orlando, FL or Atlanta, GA is desired.
In the US, our team of international and local talent partners with clients to deliver projects in the areas of strategy, large scale business transformation, sustainability, data analytics, digital manufacturing and supply chain, R&D transformation, and customer centricity. Join our dynamic, international, and growing team and discover where your talents can take you.
What you'll be doing
You will support the Siemens business as well as external clients in building visions, strategies, and implementation plans to help bring digitalization to life. All our consulting projects are strategic in their nature and have technology at the core. As an MBA Strategy Intern, you will:
- Support project teams as an integral member in their daily tasks and independently own selected work deliverables
- Develop problem statements, derive hypotheses, and identify and manage key stakeholders
- Analyze and research markets, competitors, conduct expert interviews, and perform analytics to derive fact-based areas for improvement
- Derive cohesive corporate and business unit strategies, conduct cost-benefit analyses, and develop business plans
- Synthesize findings into a holistic and convincing concept, determine recommendations, and define a seamless storyline framing critical choices management must make
- Contribute to our thought leadership (either industry or business function) topics
- Travel up to 80% of your time to domestic and international client locations (varies based on project setting with hybrid being predominant mode of working)
What it takes
- Two to five years of experience in consulting, a renowned industrial enterprise or start-up (ideally with a strategic, digital or operations focus) with outstanding performance
- Enrolled in an MBA program from a top business school with a concentration in either business analytics, finance, strategy, or general management
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and creative quantitative problem-solving skills combined with an entrepreneurial mindset and relevant functional knowledge
- Proven ability to communicate complex ideas clearly (written and spoken) in English and preferably another language
- Strong record of leading teams and working collaboratively in professional, academic or extracurricular settings
- Aptitude to foster a team-oriented environment, build rapport and long-lasting relationships, and share knowledge with others
- Professional and/or academic experience in Siemens key markets such as Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East is highly preferred
What we offer
- An assigned project manager and ‘buddy’ will all provide you feedback and support to help you develop in the direction that most interests you and advances your career
- Frequent mentoring and coaching by experienced consultants and managers who are genuinely interested in your personal growth
No matter how long you stay, we want you to succeed at your job by challenging you, teaching you, and supporting you. Your internship with us might only be the start to something big. Be excited to join our US team for the summer, and we are just as excited to welcome you to our team.
Shape the future together with us – from day one. Apply now.
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.