Analyst – Supplyframe Commodity IQ
Full-Time | Los Angeles and/or Remote
The unmatched industry ecosystem and pioneering Design-to-Source Intelligence (DSI) Solutions from Supplyframe transforms how people and businesses design, source, market, and sell products across the global electronics value chain. Tens of millions of engineering and supply chain professionals worldwide engage with our SaaS solutions, search engines, and media properties to power rapid innovation and optimize over $150 billion in annual direct materials spend. The world’s leading companies rely on Supplyframe to make more informed business, sourcing, and engineering decisions faster and with greater confidence. Supplyframe is headquartered in Pasadena, California, with offices in Austin, Belgrade, Grenoble, Oxford, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
Supplyframe Commodity IQ is a unique, predictive, and prescriptive view of electronic components, systems, and associated commodities. It assesses and forecasts market dynamics, pricing, lead times, design, and demand. Informed by practitioners for practitioners and powered by the Supplyframe DSI ecosystem, Commodity IQ combines large-scale data analytics with expert, curated analysis.
We possess the rare combination of commodity and domain expertise, market knowledge, and operational analytics to help clients to identify supply chain risks and rewards. You will apply your analytical mindset, inquisitiveness, education, and experience to deliver best-in-class electronics and related commodity analysis that is at the core of Supplyframe Commodity IQ. You will produce advanced, real-world analysis fueled by interconnected datasets and contextual inputs. You will produce objective, actionable data-driven insights that solve classic electronics industry design and sourcing problems. You will employ analytical rigor, asking the right questions, using and creating the right datasets, and applying the right analytics to author predictive and prescriptive supply chain treatments. You will help propel Supplyframe Commodity IQ to be an indispensable supply chain decision support solution. You will join a talented, collaborative team who work hard and have fun doing it. You will become part of the Supplyframe family that recently joined Siemens and is the nucleus to accelerate its overall digital marketplace strategy.
What You Will Do
You will provide analysis and editorial deliverables for Supplyframe Commodity IQ, effectively and efficiently to producing original, compelling content drawn from product intelligence, datasets, and partner inputs as well as current and recent events in particular industries and technology sectors. In general, you will:
● Synthesize an array of data to drive value creation, market insight, and commodity intelligence;
● Establish models, correlations, and statistical techniques that enable better supply chain visibility and resiliency;
● Perform research using a range of sources, including: internal analytics and domain expertise, partner inputs, industry and trade associations, public filings, financial releases, company press releases, and media outlets;
● Generate forecasts and analysis, utilizing internal and credible, external sources and ‘connecting the dots’ to reveal interdependencies and identify supply chain risks and opportunities;
● Integrate your top-notch analysis and contextual commentary into Supplyframe Commodity IQ deliverables; and
● Develop a deeper understanding of the electronics supply chain for you and for Supplyframe clients.
What You Have
Tasked with affording a higher level of customer/prospect dialogue and engagement via the communication of Supplyframe information, analysis, and expertise – you will be responsible for producing superlative, forward-looking analysis and insights and you will have:
● A high degree of motivation, collaboration talents, and an innovative spirit;
● The ability and drive to effectively work independently and consistently meet deadlines;
● An analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving mindset to support your trend analysis;
● Advanced ability to discover and form insight from multiple sources to connect the dots;
● Exemplary qualitative writing skills required to concisely articulate analysis and outcomes;
● Experience with Microsoft Excel for data building, data manipulation, and pivot table creation;
● Experience with data analysis and visualization tools, such as Microsoft PowerBI and Tableau; and
● An undergraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, data science, or related field.
What You May Have, But Not Required for Consideration
● A thorough understanding of the global electronics supply chain;
● Experience as a product line manager or similar function at an electronic component or related manufacturer;
● Experience as a category/commodity manager of similar function at an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) or an electronic manufacturing service (EMS) provider;
● Experience as an industry, category/commodity, or technology analyst; or
● An advanced degree in business, mathematics, statistics, economics, data science, or related field.
Why You Will Love Being at Supplyframe
● Inclusive culture of belonging and empowerment through collaboration, adaptability, and humility;
● Opportunity to advance a new and truly transformative solution;
● Competitive salary and bonus package in an entrepreneurial environment;
● 100% payment of colleague health, dental, and vision premiums and 80% of colleague family premiums;
● Company-paid 401(k) matching up to 4% of base compensation;
● Generous holiday, paid-time-off, and flexible working benefits; and
● So much more…
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based
on legally protected reasons.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative
and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Supplyframe, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.