We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers and communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
Our global Building Products Business Unit deploys smart buildings solutions to automate and digitalize optimization of buildings. This topic is at the forefront of the industry-wide digital transformation and its importance is ever-increasing. Smart buildings interact with its people, systems and environment. Through intelligent control we help offices, factories, schools and hospitals to increase comfort, efficiency and safety. Building automation systems create significant value for people and the environment, and we continuously improve on system aspects such as cybersecurity, standards (e.g. BACnet), integration aspects and IT-related topics.
Our global System Management team is driving the IT/OT roadmap for the building automation systems. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a motivated Global Product Manager who will support us to drive this challenging journey. Would you like to shape the digital transformation with us? Join our team and help us creating environments that care! We will be happy to introduce you to our global and international community.
Your new responsibilities
- Shape a future-proof system strategy and architecture for IT topics within the building automation systems (Desigo, Climatix, etc.) so that it suits today and future customer needs and trends globally
- Maintain close collaboration with your counterparts from Research and Development, Regional Sales, Field Support, Key Users and our customers
- Analyze building automation markets and trends, collect and determine market requirements and evaluate business impact with a focus on IT topics, e.g. IPv6, 802.1X, SNMPv3, MQTT, PoE, Oauth etc. and how they blend together
- Contribute frequently to market introduction, system roll outs and trainings
- Moderate between different interests of product managers, drive and convince collaborators to efficiently implement the overall IT/OT systems strategy and direction
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a technical or IT-related field, such as electrical engineering, computer science, physics, or similar education
- Several years of experience in a business with high IT-related content, preferably also some experience in the area of building automation systems
- Preferably you have some experience as a Product Manager or working together with Product Management, ideally within a larger global company or a matrix organization
- Strong collaboration skills are crucial in this position, as you work with team members having different backgrounds
- System and critical thinking are essential for contributing to strategic portfolio, system and product decisions. Creativity and an open attitude, both on a technical and business perspective, is very valuable in this position
- Experience from Agile development processes is preferable
- Business proficient English is a requirement, German and any additional European language would be a plus
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time