About the role
The Applications Engineer role is responsible for supporting activities in the core areas of the Technical Sales function encompassing business development to application of gPROMS FormulatedProducts solutions for client applications. This involves working closely with a highly dedicated and qualified technical team and sales operations team during pre-sales and post-sales activities in order to develop business opportunities with clients in the Formulated Products sector (and Energy and Chemicals BU when required)[XL1] . It is a customer-facing role that requires a self-motivated individual capable of building strong technical relationships with major customers, and who has strong communication and persuasion skills along with excellent process, industry and technical knowledge
Area of responsibility:
· Technical Account Management including carrying out pre-sales and post-sales activities to help clients and prospects apply Siemens PSE’s mechanistic modelling tools to industrial cases, including:
§ leading technical communication with potential Siemens PSE’s clients, coordinating with Siemens PSE subject matter experts where required,
§ identifying and targeting sales opportunities, and using technical knowledge to match customers' requirements with Siemens PSE's software and consulting offerings
§ scoping and delivering software evaluations, case-based workshops, and consulting projects
§ support existing Formulated Products customers in their application of Siemens PSE products via the Siemens Support Center
· Build positive and lasting client relationships to drive continued successful use of Siemens PSE’s software products and services
· Gather requirements, user feedback and enhancement requests from customers and prospects to provide input into product roadmaps.
· Preparation and delivery of presentations, software demos and generic training material.
· Pro-actively instigate new discussions within accounts and prospects to enable Siemens PSE to understand and discover customer goals and challenges relevant to opportunities for Siemens PSE.
· Business development and lead generation through presenting at and attending events, trade shows, consortia meetings, webinars etc.
· A Master’s in Chemical, Biochemical, Pharmaceutical or Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience; or a PhD in the same technical disciplines.
· First-principles or mechanistic modelling experience.
· Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical or Food and Beverage industries is an advantage.
· Experience with gPROMS®, ACM®, Dymola® or another equation-oriented modelling tool is an advantage.
· Programming (FORTRAN, C, C++, python) and CFD/DEM experience is helpful, but not necessary.
· Excellent oral and written English language skills.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Ability to prioritise scheduled tasks and react to unexpected problems.
· Willing to travel frequently if client visits are required or to attend to conferences.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time