The primary function of the Fire Solutions Developer is to collaborate with the solutions and service sales executives to build and implement a successful bid strategy for Fire Service Large Negotiated Projects (ROM $150K) design-build, smart buildings, or other sophisticated projects. Our Goal is to develop a winning Solution for Siemens that better serves the customer!
We are looking to grow our team and build winning customer partnerships! Are you up for this challenge?
This is a remote and work from home position.Being a Fire Solution Developer Means You will:
- Interpret customer requirements as communicated in drawings, specifications, and customer meetings. Challenge customer’s approach and recommend a better value engineered project approach and a differentiated technical solution in collaboration with Sales. Also will provide risk elimination for Siemens using effective customer communication. Participate in technical solution presentation to customers. Provide bid phase technical expertise transparent to the customer. Participate in customer site visits for job walks, interviews, or meetings (in-person or remotely)
- Focus on design (not estimation), and investigate, price, and appropriately scope viable product substitutions to meet performance specifications. Also, will calculate, understand, and communicate product, installation, and commissioning risk factors before and during cost reviews. Leverage centralized estimating resources while simplifying portions of scope that require special definition. Develop sequence of operations. Influence product selection (including 3rd party products)
- Understand organization of master format specification and identify 3rd party integration requirements Comply with customer and code requirements.
- Coordinate the estimating effort of centralized Estimators and develop a scope of work and executive summary for use by the estimator. Align with local operations team during cost review and technical handover meetings. Assist sales executives in communication with customers and/or estimators
- Develop pre-construction services proposals. Differentiate Siemens from the competition with innovative proposals. Participate in proposal evaluation meetings
- Large project bid management and bid day team as vital to build appropriate solution
- A Minimum of 5 years of Fire Life Safety experience is required. Preferred years of experience is from 7 years of Fire Life Safety experience and with demonstrated proficiencies in Fire Alarm Supervisory Systems, Fire and Smoke Detection, Audible/Visual Notification, Suppression Systems, and Mass Notification.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or Electrical field
- Preferred NICET II Certification, attained within 12 months of hire date (progression NICET II to III)
- Proven Ability to design a Networked Fire Life Safety System with Smoke Control and Suppression Systems
- Proven Knowledge of Networking into other Building Systems and 3rd Party Products
- Proven Knowledge of Fire Alarm and Building codes and regulations
- Preferred experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
- Proven knowledge of building codes and regulations and Knowledge of building construction process
- Fluent in English language
- Solid Grasp of Microsoft Office
We offer you a full Health/Live Vision and Dental covered from your start date, a company matching 401k, stock ownership plans, generous paid time off, and we also offer company holidays and tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and reasonable accommodation for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.